Search found 301 matches

by Staffan
Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:56 pm
Forum: Rules Questions (TORG)
Topic: Pickpocket Rules
Replies: 14
Views: 676

Re: Pickpocket Rules

For the record, oTORG had a Prestidigitation skill that could be used unskilled. The DN was the target's Perception (=Mind in TORGE) or Find, and you needed a Good success to lift the item unnoticed (otherwise you would lift the item but the mark would notice - although a Good success was only a mar...
by Staffan
Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:05 am
Forum: Setting Discussion (TORG)
Topic: adding rumours to the wiki
Replies: 9
Views: 1695

Re: adding rumours to the wiki

Gargoyle wrote:Rumors are really just facts that are currently both true and untrue?

All things are true.
by Staffan
Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:53 pm
Forum: Tangents and Miscellany (TORG)
Topic: Torg Pronunciations
Replies: 26
Views: 1278

Re: Torg Pronunciations

I am aware of at least one person who pronounced it "eye sleigh" I mean, I can see "Aysel", but "eye sleigh" just sounds wrong. Aysel, rhymes with hazel? Sort of. But I was thinking more along the lines of how "hassle" or "measles" are pronounced.
by Staffan
Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:34 pm
Forum: Tangents and Miscellany (TORG)
Topic: Torg Pronunciations
Replies: 26
Views: 1278

Re: Torg Pronunciations

PrinceEarwig wrote:
fougerec wrote:
Atama wrote:I thought it was pronounced like “aisle”...?!

;)


Are there people who pronounce it differently?


I am aware of at least one person who pronounced it "eye sleigh"

I mean, I can see "Aysel", but "eye sleigh" just sounds wrong.
by Staffan
Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:55 am
Forum: Rules Questions (TORG)
Topic: Why does taking the same arcane perk just give +1 ability?
Replies: 11
Views: 912

Re: Why does taking the same arcane perk just give +1 ability?

Yeah, we did the math. Psionics have sort of the same issue, but I don't mind it so much there because there's a stronger tradition of psychics being limited to one category of stuff they can do. That kind of makes me think that what's bothering you here isn't really what you think it is, though. T...
by Staffan
Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:49 pm
Forum: Rules Questions (TORG)
Topic: Why does taking the same arcane perk just give +1 ability?
Replies: 11
Views: 912

Re: Why does taking the same arcane perk just give +1 ability?

That requires a Mind of 9 and a Spirit of 7. I disagree that that's a large investment. Only if you sink 3 skill points in each, which is almost 40% of your skill points. Personally, I don't like starting with more than one skill at +3, but that's my old-school "tag skill" thinking shinin...
by Staffan
Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:11 am
Forum: Rules Questions (TORG)
Topic: Why does taking the same arcane perk just give +1 ability?
Replies: 11
Views: 912

Re: Why does taking the same arcane perk just give +1 ability?

There were two main reasons. First, we didn't want what happened in Original Torg where players were swamped with tons and tons of spells or miracles. Cognitive load is a thing, and we didn't want beginning players to feel overloaded. Second, we didn't want mages, priests, and psis to basically bec...
by Staffan
Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:24 pm
Forum: Setting Discussion (TORG)
Topic: Nile Backer Archetypes
Replies: 72
Views: 4612

Re: Nile Backer Archetypes

Let's do some math here. I'm assuming that someone with Super Skill will likely be fairly good, say 10, at the underlying stat and they will have 3 regular adds in the skill. So we're comparing 15+favored versus 17. For the sake of argument, let's assume no cards or possibilities, because they make ...
by Staffan
Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:59 am
Forum: Rules Questions (TORG)
Topic: Avatar of Darok - Umm.... (God Box Spoiler Warning)
Replies: 20
Views: 2372

Re: Avatar of Darok - Umm.... (God Box Spoiler Warning)

ShirtlessOBrien wrote:It does make a difference in that a Toughness 33 target will take two Wounds (and be taken out since these things have two wounds) from a damage result of 43+

While I mostly agree with you, "Wounds: 2" means they can take two wounds, and get defeated by the third.

Go to advanced search