Greetings From Ottawa, Ontario

User avatar
JohnK
Posts: 299
Joined: Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:26 am

Re: Greetings From Ottawa, Ontario

Postby JohnK » Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:45 pm

Hullo, Morgoth,

Morgoth Feuerklinge wrote:better late than never :).


Exactly. :) Though I wish I'd gotten in on the earlier Kickstarters because I would have pledged for the music as well as the various Heroic Works materials. From what I've heard, the music is terrific.

Morgoth Feuerklinge wrote:Many greetings from Germany. I hope you like the game just as much as the rest of the people here in the forum.


So far, I'm loving the game quite a lot! :) It's a fascinating set of game rules, though a bit dense as rulebooks go, but I'm having a good time with it.

Morgoth Feuerklinge wrote:I currently play the 4.1 ruleset of TDE in the german version. We are at the moment in 1027 BF and have a lot of adventures in front of us. I'm the gamemaster and are going to start a longer campaign about a treasure hunt which ends the adventure Bahamuts Ruf (Splitterdämmerung).


Sounds interesting. Tell me more about that treasure hunt. :)
=====
"They're High Lords, for God's sake! You can't just walk up to one and say, "How you doing? Feel like dying now?" you know!" - Abraham Horowitz, priest

JohnK
e-mail: johnk100@sympatico.ca
blog: http://jkahane.livejournal.com

User avatar
Bosper
Posts: 405
Joined: Mon May 30, 2016 8:38 am

Re: Greetings From Ottawa, Ontario

Postby Bosper » Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:35 pm

JohnK wrote:Hullo, Bosper,

Bosper wrote:
JohnK wrote:

Thank you... :) So, what country do we happen to have met in? :)


Well i myself reside in Bochum, Germany. When it comes to Dere my parties are spread all around the edges, deep steaming souths (colonizing the new continent of uthuria ,great campaign), icy north (being thorwalian pirates) and chilly but a bit more civilised east (playing the new theatre knights campaign)


Do I rightly assume that you're running the German version of the game? v4 or 4.1, I think it's called, or are you running the v5 material?

I'm looking forward to finding out about Uthuria, but that game with Thorwalian pirates sounds interesting. I only have the first part of the Theatre Knights series, but haven't looked at it yet. The adventure that I wanted to get hold of was the Justice one, the first one, whose name I can't remember properly. Sounds like it was a good intro to the game, but it's not available in any format.

So how about we say that we're meeting in the middle? :)


Yes i run the german version of v5, we stopped v4.1 the moment the 5th ed. gamma test started, about 2 years ago. I guess you are talking about Justice and Noble Valour. I dont know that one, its english kickstarter exclusive (for now at least)

User avatar
JohnK
Posts: 299
Joined: Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:26 am

Re: Greetings From Ottawa, Ontario

Postby JohnK » Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:16 pm

Hullo, Bosper,

Bosper wrote:
JohnK wrote:Do I rightly assume that you're running the German version of the game? v4 or 4.1, I think it's called, or are you running the v5 material?

I'm looking forward to finding out about Uthuria, but that game with Thorwalian pirates sounds interesting. I only have the first part of the Theatre Knights series, but haven't looked at it yet. The adventure that I wanted to get hold of was the Justice one, the first one, whose name I can't remember properly. Sounds like it was a good intro to the game, but it's not available in any format.


Yes i run the german version of v5, we stopped v4.1 the moment the 5th ed. gamma test started, about 2 years ago.


Interesting this. I take it you prefer v5 to the earlier version that you were running?

Bosper wrote:I guess you are talking about Justice and Noble Valour. I dont know that one, its english kickstarter exclusive (for now at least)

[/quote]

I might be, I can't be sure to tell you the truth. Don't know all that much about the scenario. :)
=====
"They're High Lords, for God's sake! You can't just walk up to one and say, "How you doing? Feel like dying now?" you know!" - Abraham Horowitz, priest

JohnK
e-mail: johnk100@sympatico.ca
blog: http://jkahane.livejournal.com

User avatar
Morgoth Feuerklinge
Posts: 191
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:57 am
Location: Stuttgart, Germany
Contact:

Re: Greetings From Ottawa, Ontario

Postby Morgoth Feuerklinge » Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:25 am

On the whole it is the adventure Spuren der Verheißung (Traces of the promise). But I will change a few facts, exchange a complete part and add personal elements of my group members. Every hero in my group has a history. You can say a whole life. This makes the hero much more interesting for the player. So they have archenemies, family members, friends (whom they have already helped in previous adventures), etc. I also try to insert consequences of decisions from previous adventures or npc's or infos of upcoming adventures. It is much of work, but the player love it. The world becomes alive. You understand?

I don't believe any player of mine read in this forum. So I can spoiler you some big thing. A player in my group, who is born in Al'anfa, lost her father at a young age. He was a captain in the black armada of Al'anfa. His corpse was never found. In this campaign she is often heard of a vicious captain who is under the command of Darion Paligan and makes the Bloody Sea unsafe. The players will be pretty rich after the campaign, which is why I'm going to do it so that they will join the fleet to bring down Paligan (Bahamuth's Call). This captain will become her archenemy. As it turns out, it is the lost father of our player.

I'm very eager to see how the player reacts to this story twist.

Edit: oh I just notice that I have told little about the actual treasure hunt. If you like, I can give you more information.
Please excuse my bad English, I'm a beginner.

TDE since: 1998
Current TDE rule set: 4.1
Played adventures: 55

User avatar
Bosper
Posts: 405
Joined: Mon May 30, 2016 8:38 am

Re: Greetings From Ottawa, Ontario

Postby Bosper » Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:45 am

JohnK wrote:Hullo, Bosper,

Bosper wrote:
JohnK wrote:Do I rightly assume that you're running the German version of the game? v4 or 4.1, I think it's called, or are you running the v5 material?

I'm looking forward to finding out about Uthuria, but that game with Thorwalian pirates sounds interesting. I only have the first part of the Theatre Knights series, but haven't looked at it yet. The adventure that I wanted to get hold of was the Justice one, the first one, whose name I can't remember properly. Sounds like it was a good intro to the game, but it's not available in any format.


Yes i run the german version of v5, we stopped v4.1 the moment the 5th ed. gamma test started, about 2 years ago.


Interesting this. I take it you prefer v5 to the earlier version that you were running?


Not only me, but everyone in the 3 groups i am playing with. and we prefer it by far. It still has all the good bits, some new good bits,too, but lost a huge amount of unnecessary rules and random modificators, while streamlining everything in as few mechanics as possible.

User avatar
JohnK
Posts: 299
Joined: Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:26 am

Re: Greetings From Ottawa, Ontario

Postby JohnK » Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:35 pm

Hullo, Morgoth,

Morgoth Feuerklinge wrote:On the whole it is the adventure Spuren der Verheißung (Traces of the promise). But I will change a few facts, exchange a complete part and add personal elements of my group members. Every hero in my group has a history. You can say a whole life. This makes the hero much more interesting for the player. So they have archenemies, family members, friends (whom they have already helped in previous adventures), etc. I also try to insert consequences of decisions from previous adventures or npc's or infos of upcoming adventures. It is much of work, but the player love it. The world becomes alive. You understand?


Yes, I do understand. One of the things I've always believed is that the world around the player characters is not static. Events happen, nature does whatever it it going to do, and the player characters' actions have consequences. You don't affect peoples' lives without there being consequences, whether good or bad.

Morgoth Feuerklinge wrote:I don't believe any player of mine read in this forum. So I can spoiler you some big thing. A player in my group, who is born in Al'anfa, lost her father at a young age. He was a captain in the black armada of Al'anfa. His corpse was never found. In this campaign she is often heard of a vicious captain who is under the command of Darion Paligan and makes the Bloody Sea unsafe. The players will be pretty rich after the campaign, which is why I'm going to do it so that they will join the fleet to bring down Paligan (Bahamuth's Call). This captain will become her archenemy. As it turns out, it is the lost father of our player.


Lovely stuff, Morgoth. :) Thanks for the information.
=====
"They're High Lords, for God's sake! You can't just walk up to one and say, "How you doing? Feel like dying now?" you know!" - Abraham Horowitz, priest

JohnK
e-mail: johnk100@sympatico.ca
blog: http://jkahane.livejournal.com

User avatar
JohnK
Posts: 299
Joined: Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:26 am

Re: Greetings From Ottawa, Ontario

Postby JohnK » Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:37 pm

Hullo, Bosper,

Bosper wrote:
JohnK wrote:Interesting this. I take it you prefer v5 to the earlier version that you were running?


Not only me, but everyone in the 3 groups i am playing with. and we prefer it by far. It still has all the good bits, some new good bits,too, but lost a huge amount of unnecessary rules and random modificators, while streamlining everything in as few mechanics as possible.


This is a good thing, and I like that this was done with the new version. Still seems somewhat complicated and complex to me, but what do I know? I'm a newbie. :)
=====
"They're High Lords, for God's sake! You can't just walk up to one and say, "How you doing? Feel like dying now?" you know!" - Abraham Horowitz, priest

JohnK
e-mail: johnk100@sympatico.ca
blog: http://jkahane.livejournal.com

User avatar
Morgoth Feuerklinge
Posts: 191
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:57 am
Location: Stuttgart, Germany
Contact:

Re: Greetings From Ottawa, Ontario

Postby Morgoth Feuerklinge » Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:22 am

Is it you on the avatar?
Please excuse my bad English, I'm a beginner.

TDE since: 1998
Current TDE rule set: 4.1
Played adventures: 55

User avatar
JohnK
Posts: 299
Joined: Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:26 am

Re: Greetings From Ottawa, Ontario

Postby JohnK » Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:04 pm

Hullo, Morgoth,

Morgoth Feuerklinge wrote:Is it you on the avatar?


Nope. The avatar I use is Roger Delgado as the original Master on DOCTOR WHO. That said, I'm getting to look like that as I've aged, but don't have the dark beard (it's gone grey on me). :)

That said, if you look on my blog (link in the sig), you can see what I look like. :)
=====
"They're High Lords, for God's sake! You can't just walk up to one and say, "How you doing? Feel like dying now?" you know!" - Abraham Horowitz, priest

JohnK
e-mail: johnk100@sympatico.ca
blog: http://jkahane.livejournal.com

Xathos
Posts: 21
Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:58 pm

Re: Greetings From Ottawa, Ontario

Postby Xathos » Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:03 pm

John,
I left you a message on your blog. Have you considered using Roll20 to play online?


Return to “Newcomer Introduction and FAQ (TDE)”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest