Hi all!

TeichDragon

Hi all!

Postby TeichDragon » Mon Jun 27, 2016 3:07 pm

Hi folks,

my name ist Bernd aka Teich Dragon aka Teich. (Almost everyone calls me Teich [german for small lake/pond], so feel free to do so)
I'm a german TDE player since 1984.

I am also one of the "real" Beilunk Riders., who act as a community bridge between the fans and Ulisses since 2011.We are in close contact to the german publisher, so if there any question regarding this side, feel free to ask.
Keep in mind that I don't have contacts to Ulisses NA so far, so i cannot answer questions regarding their schedule or anything else.

As my name suggests, I am also an avid fan of the Ultima franchise and registered my dragon name many years ago.
Those play(ed) UO might remember me working for Ultima Stratics or UOX Stratics back then. :)

Greetings,
Teich

Lambert

Re: Hi all!

Postby Lambert » Mon Jun 27, 2016 4:31 pm

Greetings and salutations Teich,
It is great to see quite so many "alte Hasen" on this forum. I personally am excited to be heading back to Aventuria after my 2 decade absence.

I can't wait to get my hands on the Almanac to see what happened since the shocking revelation in "Die Attentäter".

Lambert

TeichDragon

Postby TeichDragon » Mon Jun 27, 2016 5:55 pm

Lambert wrote:Greetings and salutations Teich,
It is great to see quite so many "alte Hasen" on this forum. I personally am excited to be heading back to Aventuria after my 2 decade absence.

[...]

I can't wait to get my hands on the Almanac to see what happened since the shocking revelation in "Die Attentäter".

Thanks Lambert! :)

Oh wow, actually a LOT has happened since "Die Attentäter" until the current time lime.
I am not sure if the almanac can be precise enough, since that book almost "pretends" that players have at least *some* in-depth information about the happenings that we had in the last 30 years. Or to be more precise: you can't describe EVERYTHING that happened in the last 30 years in about 30-40 pages.
(And some people still stay away from spoilers of the G7 campaign, which started in 1994, more than 20 years ago.)

But concerning the current timeline: I actually like the idea of a "younger time plotline book" which has way more information than the current world or history book. Not sure if that's feasable, but I'll bring that idea up to Ulisses anyway.

Lambert

Postby Lambert » Tue Jun 28, 2016 1:06 am

They must internally have a Plot Bible or approved history or something similar and so it shouldn't be "that hard" to produce a modern history of Aventuria, I.e. what happened since the game of the Dark Eye started.

I reckon there is definitely a market for a book like that. If you can find out what their thoughts are on it, that would be great.

Lambert

Bosper

Postby Bosper » Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:55 am

something like this? Image ;)

GTStar

Postby GTStar » Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:21 pm

We already had this topic. The Historia only has a relatively small part of modern history.

Lambert

Postby Lambert » Tue Jun 28, 2016 2:59 pm

As previously said, I care mostly for the history since say the first few "Aventuria Heralds" rather than the history of the world and Bosporan's fall etc.

Don't get me wrong, if they translate this into English I will buy it.

GTStar

Postby GTStar » Tue Jun 28, 2016 3:05 pm

There are anthologies of the heralds, but only in German.

Lambert

Postby Lambert » Tue Jun 28, 2016 3:19 pm

Yet again I would buy those,
But I would love someone to actually summarise,
You could keep it entirely in character if you wanted and not actually reveal the unknown but rather what the local scholars believe. You could keep it chock-full of the truth to what happened or you could have both views in different chapters.

It would make a great read and I think many of my friends back in the Vaterland could be persuaded to buy it as the one Dark Eye product to buy.

GTStar

Postby GTStar » Tue Jun 28, 2016 5:53 pm

Until then, you can start reading here (in German).

Return to “Newcomer Introduction and FAQ (TDE)”