Greetings from Eastern Washington

Trajkov

Greetings from Eastern Washington

Postby Trajkov » Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:55 pm

Hey all, it's about time I introduced myself. I've been following the Dark Eye since I found a nice little promotional card with another purchase which was told me there was this wonderful German RPG that was kickstarting its English debut of 5e. I figured that I had studied enough German in school that it was about time that I got to see what their take on my favorite pastime was. I was hooked from the start, I hopped aboard the hype train and was not disappointed. Sadly I didn't have enough time to get into the community back then, but now I do. I'd love to help as best I can in this community and hopefully dust off all that old German rattling about in my head. :D
-Cardwell

Morgoth Feuerklinge

Re: Greetings from Eastern Washington

Postby Morgoth Feuerklinge » Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:29 am

hehehe nice to meet you here :). I use this forum for two reasons. To combine my favorite hobby with the aim to improve my English skills. Do you buy German or English TDE books?
Please excuse my bad English, I'm a beginner.

TDE since: 1998
Current TDE rule set: 4.1
Played adventures: 55

Lambert

Postby Lambert » Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:37 am

What I love about the Dark Eye community is the general positive nature and outlook. Sure we get the occasional naysayers who see a few mistakes in the first printing and try to make you believe that the book is unusable for a couple of people who when faced with production delays outside of Ulissses control shout to high heaven, but they are by far in the minority.

Almost anyone here is here for a love of the game and setting, and therefore many people are happy to respond to questions or the like.

Eric does a great job supporting people who head out to game-stores or conventions and spread the love of the game.

So welcome to our little club and join in the fun.

MadBeard

Postby MadBeard » Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:06 am

Welcome aboard Trajkov. Lambert already put it very nice about our little community, so there's no need to repeat same thing :)
I'd have to be a warrior, a slave I couldn't be.
A soldier and a conqueror, fighting to be free.

"Warrior" - Wishbone Ash

Trajkov

Postby Trajkov » Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:34 am

I bought the English books. :)

Lambert

Postby Lambert » Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:16 pm

Trajkov wrote:I bought the English books. :)

Great plan, they are phantastic and unless you have a whole group of ex-pats playing the game it's nice when everyone around the table is able to read.

I am a German living in Scotland and for more than a decade I wanted to run the Dark Eye with people here but in order to get some buy-in.

Anyway, I am looking forward to having the core books collected.

Trajkov

Postby Trajkov » Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:37 pm

Yeah, not many people speak German in this side of the state, so English was the best choice.
I'm currently panning to get something running at the local game store to build some interest in a game which isn't Pathfinder. I'm sure that some people are down for some adventures in something new.

Sadly, I don't have sacks of cash hanging around, so a lot of my collection is going to come from their kickstarters. I'm excited for the Warring Kingdom books, they would be quite the asset to understand how the smaller parts of Aventuria fit together.

I was quite intrigued by the Scriptorum Aventuris. I'm still only knee deep in the world, but I'd love to dive in deeper and write some adventures for it.

edkradicalz

Postby edkradicalz » Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:42 pm

@ Trajkov
Wow, small world I live in Benton City lol. Out of curiosity, what game store are you planning to run your game at? Adventures Underground? Also, I would like to play if you have any openings.

Trajkov

Postby Trajkov » Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:57 pm

Yeah, I plan on running it there. I can't tell you my surprise when I found a copy of the Core Rules hidden away in the RPG section. :lol:
I'll probably get something going on Saturdays. I will see what else is going on around that time, so as to not step on anyone's toes. It would be great to have you join us. Right now it is just myself and my brother, so if you've got some other friends to bring along they are totally welcome

edkradicalz

Postby edkradicalz » Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:34 pm

Cool, yeah I will ask some friends of mine if they are interested in playing, have one person in mind that has collected all of the books (I believe) in hard copy.

Thanks, I will keep an eye on the thread.

Return to “Newcomer Introduction and FAQ (TDE)”