New to TDE

Dareshiranu

New to TDE

Postby Dareshiranu » Sun Jul 31, 2016 3:32 pm

But not to gaming. I started playing D&D in 1974, in fact I broke my high school chess club with it in 1976/1977. I've been playing and collecting RPGs ever since. I'd heard of DSA a long time ago and never knew it had tried a previous breakout in the States but I'd always been curious to see it. Now that I have...

I've been making my way gradually through the PDF of the core rules while I wait for the hardcover and I've discovered some interesting things that I don't believe I've ever seen before. First, no typos or any real grammatical errors (at least in the first 57 pages). Second, every time I think I've found a mistake it turns out it was mine, not the books. I attribute part of that to the somewhat unusual layout of the rules and the occasional convoluted examples. But... in the end it all makes sense. I like it. I don't know how my peeps will take to it, but I think it will be enjoyable to try.

I just hope US will manage to adhere closely to their publication schedule, as I find myself eager for the supplemental material.

GTStar

Re: New to TDE

Postby GTStar » Sun Jul 31, 2016 4:19 pm

Welcome to Aventuria! :)

Warden

Re: New to TDE

Postby Warden » Sun Jul 31, 2016 11:51 pm

Welcome :)

Return to “Newcomer Introduction and FAQ (TDE)”