Hello from Oregon

DragonEye

Hello from Oregon

Postby DragonEye » Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:03 pm

Greetings everyone my name is Richard, I got introduced to Das Schwarze Auge a long time ago when Blade of Destiny appeared as a DOS game in a box. My dad installed it and despite it being so hard to understand it formed the basic framework for what I try to encapsulate in my games to this day. I always felt other fantasy RPG's were missing something super key to adventuring, and BoD (and the expansions later on in life) made me realize what. The only threat was enemies attacking players. The Dark Eye introduced me to the dangers of travelling unprepared, being generally incompetent at everything save your specialty, and even the dangers of a well prepared dungeon. Even better was that it gave ample ability to give the chance to actually explore the area itself. As such I canned my Pathfinder game to immediately start running TDE 5e. So far I've enjoyed running it immensely and my players have all enjoyed playing it as well. One of them has taken to calling it "medieval Shadowrun" when talking about how you make and advance characters and interact with the world. Anyways I'm excited to see this get a forum and even more excited to learn it has ton of books coming along behind this core book.

BrianEye

Re: Hello from Oregon

Postby BrianEye » Fri Dec 02, 2016 2:37 pm

Welcome, fellow Pacific Coaster! 8-)

HEX the Dark

Postby HEX the Dark » Fri Dec 02, 2016 2:40 pm

Hey DragonEye, welcome!
The old pc games were the way I was introduced to it as well, sitting on my dad's lap back then and watching him play. :D
Hope you have fun here, and if you got questions, don't hesitate to ask!
Never trust a smiling gamemaster

Lambert

Postby Lambert » Fri Dec 02, 2016 2:55 pm

Howdy champion,
I played those games with my brother back in the day, creating our own maps for each settlement. It was the best of times.

Strangely enough I have played the first part tons of times, but not the 2nd or the 3rd.

Anyway ... welcome to this small but growing community.

MadBeard

Postby MadBeard » Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:19 am

Welcome aboard DragonEye!
I'd have to be a warrior, a slave I couldn't be.
A soldier and a conqueror, fighting to be free.

"Warrior" - Wishbone Ash

Bosper

Postby Bosper » Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:28 am

Hi,
welcome aboard. I loved the old Games as well, even if i never managed to beat any of it except the third one. I guess i spent most time in Character Creation to get good rolls :P Luckily that aspect has vanished from the Game.
If you need any help with anything TDE or aventuria, just ask. If you got something interesting to share, do so. I am very excited about some trans-atlantic TDE exchange

Return to “Newcomer Introduction and FAQ (TDE)”