Greetings from Hungary!

Lambert

Re: Greetings from Hungary!

Postby Lambert » Thu Dec 15, 2016 4:59 pm

MadBeard wrote:Lambert if you or your group need autocalc-fillable Rebel sheet, here you go. I created it for my friends.

Cheers champion, just emailed it to our DM for the game. It looks like it might come in handy, we are right at the beginning and as yet there isn't a rebellion as such, just a bunch of people who fled from a hell hound. :)

MadBeard

Postby MadBeard » Fri Dec 16, 2016 2:25 am

Hehe. You're welcome. We started to play but only managed to finish first book. Now it's on hold but I don't think we'll continue. It's TDE time ! :)
I'd have to be a warrior, a slave I couldn't be.
A soldier and a conqueror, fighting to be free.

"Warrior" - Wishbone Ash

Lambert

Postby Lambert » Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:16 am

No idea just how far we are going to take the Rebels. Why did you guys stop?

I am ready enough to start running the Dark Eye but I would love the Almanac and the Warring Kingdoms books to be in my hands. The next most anticipated books though are Magic 2 which is not even on the German schedule let alone been scheduled to be translated.

It's all good though.

MadBeard

Postby MadBeard » Fri Dec 16, 2016 4:10 pm

GM can't run campaign anymore but sincerely I really don't want to play PF anymore. Ever. I really don't like the system (including dnd 3.5). Didn't like it when was released and now even less so, because with every book it became even more powergamer paradise then it was before.
Don't get logic behind system - what is the use of having to roll d20 when your bonuses on lvl 5 became 25+!? On first lvl you can reach bonus of +11!?
We once played Rappan Athuk and my monk on lvl 6 had AC of 41!
I played this adventure path only because my friend (GM) asked me really nice and he needed one more player and he bought with new unchained monk class :)
There is so many systems out there I would like to try and playing PF is really wasting my limited gaming time :)

I'm also waiting for Almanac and Warring kingdoms before I start serious campaign, but for now adventures that were released will do :)

"Warrior" - Wishbone Ash

Lambert

Postby Lambert » Sat Dec 17, 2016 3:06 pm

I know the feeling,
but ultimately I love roleplaying too much to never play a certain system and if the option is play Pathfinder or not play anything I will always chose Pathfinder even though I would much prefer the Dark Eye or Warhammer Fantasy.

Bosper

Postby Bosper » Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:51 am

I actually DMed my own version of Hell's Rebels in Aventuria using TDE 5th. I used the story of the Blackguards 1+2 PC games set in the citystate of mengbilla where that guy Marwan used "EVIL MAGIC (TM)" to become dictator and the players startet a rebellion, mixed with elements from the PF path. Great campaign, sadly the players failed and our Aventuria has a different Mengbilla now than the official one :P but failure has to be an option. (They made some very very dumb mistakes mixed with bad luck)

Lambert

Postby Lambert » Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:40 pm

That sounds super interesting to me,
and a game I would love to playing. I completely agree that failure has to be an option and nothing in my opinion is worse than a Games Master always ensuring character success specially through some Deus Ex Machina.

If you ever fancy running this game over TeamSpeak and Roll20, or similar, at a time I can make it, I would love to play this.

Bosper

Postby Bosper » Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:52 pm

I really enjoyed it and it really was a pity that we couldnt get further into the story. But yeah, our Mengbilla is now under Marwans Dictatorship enforced by chimeras, undead and dark rituals. Not the worst Setting for a small pirate kingdom.

It would take a lot of time. And i dont have very positive experience in long time online play. Plus i got 3 groups of players and i'm DMing in 2 of those. so Time is an issue, too.
One day maybe. I'd love to do a shorter Game sometime, though.

MadBeard

Postby MadBeard » Mon Dec 19, 2016 4:17 pm

Bosper wrote:I really enjoyed it and it really was a pity that we couldnt get further into the story. But yeah, our Mengbilla is now under Marwans Dictatorship enforced by chimeras, undead and dark rituals. Not the worst Setting for a small pirate kingdom.

Hahaha. SOunds like lot of fun :lol:

"Warrior" - Wishbone Ash

Lambert

Postby Lambert » Mon Dec 19, 2016 5:51 pm

Bosper wrote:I'd love to do a shorter Game sometime, though.

Well I would love to play a shorter game (wink wink).

Return to “Newcomer Introduction and FAQ (TDE)”