New Player in Burton on Trent (UK)

EvilGinger

New Player in Burton on Trent (UK)

Postby EvilGinger » Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:06 am

Picked up a copy of the core rules in English and was impressed to the point that as the person responsible for organising the role-playing group at Spirit Games I am planing to run some demo's there in the near future.

[url] https://www.spiritgames.co.uk/[url]

I also hope to play as I find the game which had hardly appeared on the radar till then has an intriguing take on what have become the standard tropes of the D&D style FRPG

Lambert

Re: New Player in Burton on Trent (UK)

Postby Lambert » Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:19 am

Great stuff,
I have just been to your website, and I wish I had known about this place back when I was living in Derby ('01 - '04). The shop looks mint and has a goodly amount of stuff in stock (according to the website). From the sticks outside Glasgow it is unfortunately a little too far but I hope you are going to like the Dark Eye.

It might be worth mentioning to Eric that you are planning on to do some promotional stuff as he previously has said that he could support any promotional efforts and it might be nice to be able to get some swag or discounts.

Oh and if you are finding that you cannot PM him, I think there is a minimum post count before you can PM people, not sure exactly what the number is but something relatively small.

All the best with it and let us know how the Demo's are received.

Lambert

EvilGinger

Re: New Player in Burton on Trent (UK)

Postby EvilGinger » Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:45 am

So far I am very definitely liking it even if it took me some effort to get my head around the point buy system. I have not had to wrestle with one that all encompassing since Champions in the 1980's and the old brain has furred up a bit since then.

As for Spirit its very defiantly as good as it looks and has more stuff in it than even the bulging website would suggest. Its also been open since the early 90's in Burton so you missed a gem when you where in Derby. We Have regular gaming sessions at the shop Every Thursday late on Saturday once a month and on two Sundays a month. The weekday sessions have room for an additional game and all the weekend games could accommodate a further couple in comfort.

I would like to play rather than run if I can as I am running three games at the moment and starting a small business so my time is pretty much all tied up. I am eager to introduce new games to the local community and as Games of the "d&d style seem to go down well locally TDE should and its well supported with things for people to buy which works well given the venue is a games shop

Return to “Newcomer Introduction and FAQ (TDE)”