Character Creation Questions

User avatar
Bosper
Posts: 405
Joined: Mon May 30, 2016 8:38 am

Re: Character Creation Questions

Postby Bosper » Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:08 pm

Aventurian Magic 1. And i have no idea when it will be translated

Flash
Posts: 354
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2016 1:39 pm

Re: Character Creation Questions

Postby Flash » Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:12 pm

JohnK wrote:That said, I AM THE PROUD LATE PLEDGER AT $120 FOR THE WARRING KINGDOMS KICKSTARTER!! WHOOOOHOOOOO! :)


Awesome new. Your string of bad luck is broken. :D

I hope you have a lot of fun with the bundle. I consider the main Warring Kindgoms book one of the best TDE 5E products so far. If you are interested in the Aventuria setting this bundle will give you a lot of things to immerse yourself into. In that bundle there is something for everyone.

JohnK wrote:So which magic supplement are we talking? And when can we expect to see this in English?


Aventurian Magic I the first big magic supplement.

It focuses on Guild Mages and has the new magic traditions of Magic bards, Magic Dancers, Magic Dilettantes and the Charlatans (don't know it they will translate them like this) and gives you lots of news spell and ways to modify them and lots of other stuff.

That book an the Aventuria Compendium that focuses on non magical characters are the two next big releases after the Warring Kingdom Bundle.

We here in Germany are weeks away from the release of the AM II that will focus on Witches and Elves and will bring us the "Schelm"

User avatar
MadBeard
Posts: 477
Joined: Fri May 27, 2016 4:23 pm
Location: Alvona, Croatia

Re: Character Creation Questions

Postby MadBeard » Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:08 pm

JohnK wrote:Hullo, Madbeard,

Thanks for the various corrections and clarifcations. Much appreciated. :)

A lot of stuff to absorb. Will post reply if I have any questions about the material you noted here.


Glad to help ;)

JohnK wrote:That said, I AM THE PROUD LATE PLEDGER AT $120 FOR THE WARRING KINGDOMS KICKSTARTER!! WHOOOOHOOOOO! :)


Congratulations !!! :)
I'd have to be a warrior, a slave I couldn't be.
A soldier and a conqueror, fighting to be free.

"Warrior" - Wishbone Ash

User avatar
JohnK
Posts: 299
Joined: Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:26 am

Re: Character Creation Questions

Postby JohnK » Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:25 pm

Hullo, Bosper,

Bosper wrote:Aventurian Magic 1. And i have no idea when it will be translated


Well, it is good to just have a name for the game supplement, you know. :)
=====
"They're High Lords, for God's sake! You can't just walk up to one and say, "How you doing? Feel like dying now?" you know!" - Abraham Horowitz, priest

JohnK
e-mail: johnk100@sympatico.ca
blog: http://jkahane.livejournal.com

User avatar
JohnK
Posts: 299
Joined: Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:26 am

Re: Character Creation Questions

Postby JohnK » Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:30 pm

Hullo, Flash,

Flash wrote:
JohnK wrote:That said, I AM THE PROUD LATE PLEDGER AT $120 FOR THE WARRING KINGDOMS KICKSTARTER!! WHOOOOHOOOOO! :)


Awesome new. Your string of bad luck is broken. :D


So it would appear! :) Und ich bin sehr froh, dass das für mich geklappt hat. (And I hope I got that right.)

Flash wrote:I hope you have a lot of fun with the bundle. I consider the main Warring Kindgoms book one of the best TDE 5E products so far. If you are interested in the Aventuria setting this bundle will give you a lot of things to immerse yourself into. In that bundle there is something for everyone.


That is definitely my expectation, to be honest. :)

Flash wrote:
JohnK wrote:So which magic supplement are we talking? And when can we expect to see this in English?


Aventurian Magic I the first big magic supplement.

It focuses on Guild Mages and has the new magic traditions of Magic bards, Magic Dancers, Magic Dilettantes and the Charlatans (don't know it they will translate them like this) and gives you lots of news spell and ways to modify them and lots of other stuff.


Now that sounds very nice, and I have to say I'm intrigued by the magic dancers and that sort of concept. Charlatans might be the right word, since I remember seeing a reference to them in the Core Rules book, too.

Flash wrote:That book an the Aventuria Compendium that focuses on non magical characters are the two next big releases after the Warring Kingdom Bundle.


Very nice! :)

Flash wrote:We here in Germany are weeks away from the release of the AM II that will focus on Witches and Elves and will bring us the "Schelm"


Now *that* book is definitely one I'll be waiting on, as the Witches of Aventuria are fascinating to me. So looking forward to that. :)
=====
"They're High Lords, for God's sake! You can't just walk up to one and say, "How you doing? Feel like dying now?" you know!" - Abraham Horowitz, priest

JohnK
e-mail: johnk100@sympatico.ca
blog: http://jkahane.livejournal.com

User avatar
Bosper
Posts: 405
Joined: Mon May 30, 2016 8:38 am

Re: Character Creation Questions

Postby Bosper » Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:38 am

The witches get way more interesting with Aventurian Magic 2 , great new traditions, spells, specialisations and a cauldron to create potions, salves and other magic brews that can be used to enhance or weaken characters. Like alchemy-light as a class ability


Also the Schelm is my favourite magical tradition since TDE 3rd edition and i love what they did with him.

(a friend of mine is one of the 100 lucky people who got their special edition of AM2 early)

videopete
Posts: 21
Joined: Sat Jul 08, 2017 1:48 pm

Re: Character Creation Questions

Postby videopete » Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:56 am

I hear the necromancer will be in the first Adventuria Magic.

User avatar
JohnK
Posts: 299
Joined: Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:26 am

Re: Character Creation Questions

Postby JohnK » Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:27 pm

Hullo, Bosper,

Bosper wrote:The witches get way more interesting with Aventurian Magic 2 , great new traditions, spells, specialisations and a cauldron to create potions, salves and other magic brews that can be used to enhance or weaken characters. Like alchemy-light as a class ability


Aww, stop teasing me with stuff from the AM 2 book, Bosper!! Totally cruel! :)

I was surprised witches in the Core Rules didn't actually get a cauldron right from the start, since you'd think it would be one of the staples of the witches' arsenals.

Bosper wrote:Also the Schelm is my favourite magical tradition since TDE 3rd edition and i love what they did with him.

(a friend of mine is one of the 100 lucky people who got their special edition of AM2 early)


No idea who the Schelm are, or what they're about. Please, tell me more. :)
=====
"They're High Lords, for God's sake! You can't just walk up to one and say, "How you doing? Feel like dying now?" you know!" - Abraham Horowitz, priest

JohnK
e-mail: johnk100@sympatico.ca
blog: http://jkahane.livejournal.com

Flash
Posts: 354
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2016 1:39 pm

Re: Character Creation Questions

Postby Flash » Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:44 pm

JohnK wrote:Aww, stop teasing me with stuff from the AM 2 book, Bosper!! Totally cruel! :)


Hehe I can't tease you yet with AM 2 but I can help you with AM I if you are curious.
Go into the German version of the rules wiki with google translate.

Like this for example. And enjoy how much better google translate got over the years. Take a look at the new spells from AM I or the new liturgies from the rule book about the Blessed Ones... :lol:

Or perhaps take a look at all the nice spell expansions you can buy for the spells you already know.

User avatar
Bosper
Posts: 405
Joined: Mon May 30, 2016 8:38 am

Re: Character Creation Questions

Postby Bosper » Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:42 am

videopete wrote:I hear the necromancer will be in the first Adventuria Magic.

There is one mage who gets a necromancy spell "Skeletarius", yes (which makes simple necromancy available for all mages who are into creating skeletons or zombies for a few CR). But its not a full blown necromancer. Spirits are dealt with in AM2, but demonology and necromancy wont be coming soon, sadly.

JohnK wrote:Hullo, Bosper,


Bosper wrote:Also the Schelm is my favourite magical tradition since TDE 3rd edition and i love what they did with him.

(a friend of mine is one of the 100 lucky people who got their special edition of AM2 early)


No idea who the Schelm are, or what they're about. Please, tell me more. :)


A schelm is a great and quite unique thing in TDE.
Sometimes kobolds kidnap magically talented and red haired human toddlers or babies and take them to their homes, mostly feyworlds or globules of their own. They leave behind a child that looks the same but becomes a terrible brat and burden, a magically changed kobold child , a changeling.
The human child on the other hand grows up in a world of kobolds and fairies, learning live and magic as a kobold would. Until they get too big and too slow to keep up with the other kobolds and they just throw him out, back into the world he is from, but doesnt know.
Not magical and small enough to make it in the kobold world and completely alien to the world of mortals and its customs, a young schelm has to find his place, a new meaning, a new family in aventuria.
A big problem is that he doesnt know how to behave. Kobolds tend to (magically) prank each other as sign of friendship, but also as (friendly) criticism. Humans doent really like that, as much.
If a fat, pompous noble acts like he owns the place (probably because he does), he wont appreciate the schelm making him blow up and float like a balloon to show his inflated ego, lose all his clothing to show he is like everyone else, or making him say inappropriate things in important negotiations to make a point about unecessary complicated speech.
He wont like that at-all.
But these are the most common problems a young schelm has to get around, until he gets a grasp on human culture and how he could fit in.
He can not only be a great entertainer, but also can serve as the morale-medic of a party of heroes, fending of fear and despair (and in limits even real wounds), he can be a great illusionist, or a not so stealthy rogue-ish character.
He is way more than a few jester-stereotypes, but not free of them either. He is about wit, humour, magic and fellowship. And now in TDE5 equipped with a neat magic cap (whatever that might mean for your schelm, a jesters cap, a big hat, a pot, a hood with sewn on ears...) that might hold items, fend of missiles, make him invisible.... and his favourite childhood toy (also enchanted or even animated [mine has got a cynical stuffed mule called Maulrik]) that can be helpful as spy, distraction or consolation

Image
Image


Return to “Rules Questions (TDE)”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest