Core Rules Second Printing!

bern

Re: Core Rules Second Printing!

Postby bern » Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:16 pm

Maybe it would be a good idea to organize this a bit more. We could make a errata page for this in the Wiki Aventurica. This way we will have all the errors in one place and nobody has to search through forum posts.
It may be over the top, but I personally would even setup a bug tracker to collect all the error. This way one can easily list what is already corrected and what is not.

Eric USNA

Postby Eric USNA » Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:22 pm

I won't discourage you from doing that, but unfortunately we are not going to be able to link anything we do here directly to the editing work being done. I have to personally compile everything from whatever source it's in and send it to the editor who will work on the manuscript and send that to layout. So we are several steps removed from any kind of automation.

The format it's in doesn't make my job any easier, so it doesn't really matter to me what it looks like. If you want to put something together that will ease that process, feel free.

tempest13

Postby tempest13 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:18 pm

Errata I found still not corrected:

Core Rules
pge 40 2nd column 2nd paragraph 1st sentence: 15AP should read 18AP.

pge 48 Fragile disadvantage is actually Sensitive to Pain.

pge 94 Elf should be +1 Agl, Dwarf should be -2 Agl. NOT DEX for either.

pge 167 Iron-tuned Aura the penalty is for every 8 pounds rather than the normal 4 pounds.

pge 220 chart is missing Analyst special ability

pge 301 Spells by Tradition : Horriphobus should be under Guild Mages and NOT Witches.

pge 378 Astrolabe weight should be 6 lbs.

pge 378 telescope weight should be 2.5 lbs.

Heimdallsgothi

Postby Heimdallsgothi » Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:56 pm

Its unfortunate to see so many of the errors remain, some dating from last July
If I agreed with you, then we'd both be wrong.

Heimdallsgothi

Postby Heimdallsgothi » Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:40 pm

has there been a confirmation that there will be any corrections in the second printing?
If I agreed with you, then we'd both be wrong.

tempest13

Postby tempest13 » Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:33 pm

Some errata was corrected for the 2nd printing., They just did not get all the errors corrected.

maxmcgloin

Postby maxmcgloin » Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:03 pm

Really disappointing when you own a hard copy. You want to support a new game and by the rules, but then end up with the error ridden book. Kicking myself for not putting off my purchase until all the major errors are fixed.
Live in Concord, CA

tempest13

Postby tempest13 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:34 pm

Honestly, compared to many other products I have purchased over the years, this is pretty much in the top 5 for lack of serious errors. Compared to many older products (l'm looking at you megatraveller) it has a very small number of errors and most of them are minor in nature.

bern

Postby bern » Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:07 pm

I don't think you can expect a perfect book in the first printing. It is just too expensive to check the book again and again until you got no error left. Also a lot of errors can not be found be just reading through the book.
But what is disappointing to me is that the second printing contains many errors that have already been reported.

Flash

Postby Flash » Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:04 pm

maxmcgloin wrote:Really disappointing when you own a hard copy. You want to support a new game and by the rules, but then end up with the error ridden book. Kicking myself for not putting off my purchase until all the major errors are fixed.

Well errata basically never ends. Paizo for example is still finding stuff in their Pathfinder main rulebook and its in 6th printing. We are talking about 400+ pages books full of rule stuff. There will be mistakes. It is probable impossible to not have some in them.

While the TDE rule book has its share of mistakes as well I have seen much worse stuff.

There was for example sometimes ridiculous stuff that happened in Shadowrun books...then there was this gem called Cadwallon that was basically unreadable as written. And don't start me on Exalted 2E. WotC needed to rewrite whole rule subsystems in some of their D&D editions more then once. Just to mention a few. :lol:

Return to “Rules Questions (TDE)”