Iron tuned Aura

Quixotic

Iron tuned Aura

Postby Quixotic » Wed Jul 06, 2016 8:09 pm

For the advantage Iron tuned Aura (pg 167) it states that it doubles the amount of iron that you can carry from 2 to 4 lbs before incrementing the penalty.

However, on page 255 (not 250) it states that the normal penalty for AE regeneration is for every 4 pounds of iron you carry.

Does the advantage increase your iron carrying capacity to 8 pounds before penalty or is page 255 incorrect and one receives a penalty normally for every 2 lbs carried?

Alenvire

Re: Iron tuned Aura

Postby Alenvire » Thu Jul 07, 2016 2:59 am

I really wish I knew. We either need a errata or one of the German gamers to let us know if the German version has the same mix up and if it has been addressed. Although in one of my earlier posts someone I 'believe' has played the game before let me know about the iron tax (This was before the core book release leading me to believe they were). And that anything greater then 2 pounds caused it.

On further investigation bern posted that way back on the first rules discussion post on the forum. heh. The magic and armor post.

bern

Postby bern » Sun Jul 10, 2016 2:36 pm

In the german rules it is always 2 Stein. When I look at the weight of things then 1 Stein in German seems to equivalent to 2 pounds in the English rules. This means you can carry 4 pounds before you get a penalty.

MadBeard

Postby MadBeard » Mon Jul 11, 2016 4:35 am

Hmmm I'm confused here. Stein is stone in German. In English rulebook 1 stone = 14 pounds.
Bern can you please post measurements from German book?
I mean from the first page of equipment chapter (page 364 in English).
I would really like to see them because I don't like imperial system.
I'd have to be a warrior, a slave I couldn't be.
A soldier and a conqueror, fighting to be free.

"Warrior" - Wishbone Ash

bern

Postby bern » Mon Jul 11, 2016 4:55 am

Sorry for the confusion. They often use the same wording in English and in German but the measurement of the units is completely different. In German everything is based on kg and meters. So 1 stone is 1 kg, 1 ounce is 25 g, 1 pace is 1 meter, 1 mile is 1 km. When I look at the English rule the equipment that weighst 1 stone in german is listed as 2 pounds in English. So you can carry English Equipment up to 4 pounds without Iron attuned Aura.

MadBeard

Postby MadBeard » Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:40 am

Thanks for the info Bern. I also use metric system which is much intuitive to me than imperial but it's not a problem for me to convert it.
Just info, in english rulebook 1 mile is also 1 km. It says 1 mile = 1094 paces (yards) = 3282 ft which when you convert to metric is cca 1 km.
I'd have to be a warrior, a slave I couldn't be.
A soldier and a conqueror, fighting to be free.

"Warrior" - Wishbone Ash

wilcoxon

Postby wilcoxon » Mon Oct 03, 2016 7:08 pm

I really wish they would have either done a full conversion (eg 1kg = 2.2 pounds, 1km = 0.6 miles, etc) or just left it as metric (I'm fine with either). It just seems weird that they did an incorrect conversion of units.

Return to “Rules Questions (TDE)”