Just bought the pdf so I've some questions

Warden

Just bought the pdf so I've some questions

Postby Warden » Tue Jul 12, 2016 1:34 pm

Page 27: Example 2 (competitive group check)
"Geron’s player rolls Feat of Strength (Dragging & Pulling) skill checks for the mercenary and his two team members, while Arbosh’s player rolls for the dwarf and his team members"

Do Geron and Arbosh have any positive modifiers added to their rolls due to the people helping them?

Flash

Re: Just bought the pdf so I've some questions

Postby Flash » Tue Jul 12, 2016 1:59 pm

Warden wrote:Do Geron and Arbosh have any positive modifiers added to their rolls due to the people helping them?

No Geron's player rolls three separate checks. One for Geron and one each for the two person helping him. Arbosh player does the same.

They both add up the QLs from the three checks they made and the one with the bigger number wins.
Stats for the NPCs need to be provided from the DM.

If the the NPCs are unimportant I as GM would probable rule it to be a simple Competitive Check betwwen Geron and Arbosh here to speed things up. If important NPCs or other PCs are involved then I would do the whole Cumulative Group Check as well.

Edit: And before I forget it. Have fun with your new game. :)

Warden

Postby Warden » Tue Jul 12, 2016 2:17 pm

Thanks Flash!

Warden

Postby Warden » Tue Jul 12, 2016 5:43 pm

Page 32: Encumbrance
"Arbosh possesses the special ability Inured to Encumbrance I, which lets him ignore one level of Encumbrance (i.e. two steps in the chart on the upper right). Thus he only suffers one level of the condition"

So one level shifts the penalty by 2 steps up?

Flash

Postby Flash » Tue Jul 12, 2016 5:58 pm

Warden wrote:Page 32: Encumbrance
"Arbosh possesses the special ability Inured to Encumbrance I, which lets him ignore one level of Encumbrance (i.e. two steps in the chart on the upper right). Thus he only suffers one level of the condition"

I can't see how "two steps" features anywhere on the chart.

Look at the armor chart in the upper right side. Every level of Inured to Encumbrance lets him treat his armor as two steps lighter then it really is for encumbrance. He is wearing a Chain Mail but only is encumbered as if wearing a Cloth armor.

But that is only a example about general conditions. You will find more about his stuff in the combat chapter. Page 237 for amor in general and 248 for the Inured to Encumbrance technique if you want to take a sneak peek.

Edit: That example is imho one example too much or better said too soon as it talks about stuff that comes later in the book. Will I am always grateful for examples this time it actually makes things a little bit more complex then necessary.
Last edited by Flash on Tue Jul 12, 2016 6:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Warden

Postby Warden » Tue Jul 12, 2016 6:04 pm

Thanks Flash

Warden

Postby Warden » Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:44 am

Page 44: Allocating Attributes
I'm not sure what this means (page 44 example) "All attribute packages already include racial modifiers."

Is it just saying they've taken care of worrying about restrictions and limits for the elves and dwarves and to just jot down the values?

Bosper

Postby Bosper » Wed Jul 13, 2016 11:18 am

Warden wrote:Page 44: Allocating Attributes
I'm not sure what this means (page 44 example) "All attribute packages already include racial modifiers."

Is it just saying they've taken care of worrying about restrictions and limits for the elves and dwarves and to just jot down the values?

It means that if your race gives you +1 in an attribute, you cant choose the package with two values of 15. because each 15 in the package needs to be from your racial modifiers, You dont choose a package and add a +1 to an attribute. The modifiers just change the max value, you dont get anything for free.

Warden

Postby Warden » Wed Jul 13, 2016 12:45 pm

Thanks Bosper

Flash

Postby Flash » Wed Jul 13, 2016 12:46 pm

Bosper is correct here. Attribute modifiers through race only raise or lower the starting maximum number of attributes and don't give you free points.

Page 44 left side before the attribute cost table tells you to remember this and
Page 88 in the races chapter explains this in detail under the header Attribute Adjustments.

The three charts are just pre calculated packs to save you math and time at character generation on basis that you take the full 100 points of attributes for available for experienced characters.

Return to “Rules Questions (TDE)”