TDE Core Rules Errata, Anyone?

JohnK

TDE Core Rules Errata, Anyone?

Postby JohnK » Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:19 pm

Hullo, folks,

I don't know if this has been addressed anywhere, but is there a file or some such yet for the Errata for the game? (If so, I'd really like to know where I can get ahold of it.)

Thanks, in advance. :)
=====
"They're High Lords, for God's sake! You can't just walk up to one and say, "How you doing? Feel like dying now?" you know!" - Abraham Horowitz, priest

JohnK
e-mail: johnk100@sympatico.ca
blog: http://jkahane.livejournal.com

MadBeard

Re: TDE Core Rules Errata, Anyone?

Postby MadBeard » Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:53 pm

Hi John.
You could find errors that people reported here
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=53

Unfortunately there isn't an official errata document, yet. I hope that will soon come.
I'd have to be a warrior, a slave I couldn't be.
A soldier and a conqueror, fighting to be free.

"Warrior" - Wishbone Ash

tempest13

Postby tempest13 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:53 pm

In all fairness if you have the latest PDF then many, but not all, of the errors reported have been fixed.

My current errata lost:
Core Rules
pge 40 2nd column 2nd paragraph 1st sentence: 15AP should read 18AP.
Summary: Basic Values by race for Elf - INI should be INT.

pge 48 Fragile disadvantage is actually Sensitive to Pain.

pge 85 LP=25 NOT 5

pge 90 Eye color for Tulamydes 17-18= gray 19= green

pge 91 Eye color for Glade Elf 9-12 = emerald green
Eye color for Firnelves 1 = black 2-3 = gray blue

pge 94 Elf should be +1 Agl, Dwarf should be -2 Agl. NOT DEX for either.

pge 167 Iron-tuned Aura the penalty is for every 8 pounds rather than the normal 4 pounds.

pge 200 chart is missing Analyst special ability

pge 301 Spells by Tradition : Horriphobus should be under Guild Mages and NOT Witches.

pge 325 Banish Poison KP cost - replace disease level with poison level.

pge 367 War Lance Length should be 120 inches NOT pounds.

pge 367 Belt pouch price should be 4 silverthalers.

pge 378 Astrolabe weight should be 6 lbs.

pge 378 telescope weight should be 2.5 lbs.

and they messed up another item in the update - they changed the original iron ban from 4 lbs to 2 lbs which messes up sword wielding white mages nad maked the limitation on druids nonsensical.

MadBeard

Postby MadBeard » Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:07 pm

Like you said, unfortunately this errors you listed are all been reported before :(
I'd have to be a warrior, a slave I couldn't be.
A soldier and a conqueror, fighting to be free.

"Warrior" - Wishbone Ash

JohnK

Postby JohnK » Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:38 pm

Hullo, MadBeard,

MadBeard wrote:Like you said, unfortunately this errors you listed are all been reported before :(

That isn't encouraging, especially if I have a second printing of the book. But I suspect that it's a first printing anyway, so... :(
=====
"They're High Lords, for God's sake! You can't just walk up to one and say, "How you doing? Feel like dying now?" you know!" - Abraham Horowitz, priest

JohnK

Flash

Postby Flash » Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:28 am

JohnK wrote:That isn't encouraging, especially if I have a second printing of the book. But I suspect that it's a first printing anyway, so... :(

The errata for second printing was pretty weird. There was only a part of the reported errata corrected.

As the first printing was pretty much sold out immediately after release you might a second one when you got the book a short while ago.
I am not sure how you can immediately see what printing you have as I only have the PDFs of the English core book but perhaps this helps:

I think they changed the headers in the credits on page 1:

When you have headers for "Original German Version" and "English Version" and Timothy Brown credited as Studio Director then you have the second printing. If you have only "English Version and no Timothy Brown then you have first printing.

Also on page 75: Elwene Archetype

That is the second printing:

"Languages: Native tongue Garethi III, Ancient
Tulamidya I, Bosparano I"

That is the first:

"Languages: Native tongue Garethi III, Ancient
Tulamidya I"

Hope that helps.

JohnK

Postby JohnK » Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:51 am

Hullo, Flash,

Flash wrote:
JohnK wrote:That isn't encouraging, especially if I have a second printing of the book. But I suspect that it's a first printing anyway, so... :(

The errata for second printing was pretty weird. There was only a part of the reported errata corrected.

As the first printing was pretty much sold out immediately after release you might a second one when you got the book a short while ago.
I am not sure how you can immediately see what printing you have as I only have the PDFs of the English core book but perhaps this helps:

I think they changed the headers in the credits on page 1:

<stuff snipped>

Well, that confirms it. Every one of the corrections for the second printing confirms that I definitely have the first printing of the book. *sigh*
=====

JohnK

Flash

Postby Flash » Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:03 pm

JohnK wrote:Well, that confirms it. Every one of the corrections for the second printing confirms that I definitely have the first printing of the book. *sigh*

Shouldn't matter much. The worst thing is probably the Iron Tuned aura.

The rest is probably mostly stuff that doesn't break anything major. Errors in archetypes (long TDE tradition that spans editions) and weights and so on. I have the first printing of the German book and there the errata was about 7 pages or so but the book is still usable without any major problems. That errata is already in the first edition of the English book by the way. So your starting point is better then mine... :lol:

Also you now have a English version of the rule wiki as well. I look that up on my mobile and tablet quite often by now instead of consulting my books.

JohnK

Postby JohnK » Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:49 pm

Hullo, Flash,

Flash wrote:
JohnK wrote:Well, that confirms it. Every one of the corrections for the second printing confirms that I definitely have the first printing of the book. *sigh*

Shouldn't matter much. The worst thing is probably the Iron Tuned aura.

Please, tell me more about that part of the errata. (The more I can clean up in my own book without mucking it up too much, the better.)

Flash wrote:The rest is probably mostly stuff that doesn't break anything major. Errors in archetypes (long TDE tradition that spans editions) and weights and so on. I have the first printing of the German book and there the errata was about 7 pages or so but the book is still usable without any major problems. That errata is already in the first edition of the English book by the way. So your starting point is better then mine... :lol:

:lol: This is true. Still working my way through the Core Rules book, but enjoying the read though it's a bit tedious at time. The written material per page is quite dense.

Flash wrote:Also you now have a English version of the rule wiki as well. I look that up on my mobile and tablet quite often by now instead of consulting my books.

Hadn't really known about that Wiki, so thanks for that. Much obliged.
=====

JohnK

Flash

Postby Flash » Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:25 pm

JohnK wrote:Please, tell me more about that part of the errata. (The more I can clean up in my own book without mucking it up too much, the better.)

The German stone (kg) is the same as two pounds in the English book.

Iron Ban (page 255) is correct (per 2 full stones in German/ per full 4 pounds in English) but they missed that x2 in the special ability Iron-Attuned Aura (page 167)

There the correct text should be:

"With this advantage, you suffer a penalty for every
8 full pounds of weight due to the Iron Ban, not every 4
full pounds
, as usual"

instead of the wrong:

"With this advantage, you suffer a penalty for every
4 full pounds of weight due to the Iron Ban, not every 2
full pounds, as usual"

Quite important for your spell caster.... :lol:

A bullshit error that can happen but had the misfortune to happen in an important rule. In the equipment chapter it would have much less impact if it would have happened to a piece of clothing.

JohnK wrote::lol: This is true. Still working my way through the Core Rules book, but enjoying the read though it's a bit tedious at time. The written material per page is quite dense.

Well German text tends to need about twenty more space then English text. Both books have the same page count. That leads to the very stark effect that the English book look a lot less cluttered and more clean then the German one.

The effect is strong enough that I find myself using the English PDF much more then the German one.

Return to “Rules Questions (TDE)”