TDE Core Rules Errata, Anyone?

JohnK

Re: TDE Core Rules Errata, Anyone?

Postby JohnK » Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:22 pm

Hullo, Flash,

Flash wrote:
JohnK wrote:Please, tell me more about that part of the errata. (The more I can clean up in my own book without mucking it up too much, the better.)

The German stone (kg) is the same as two pounds in the English book.

Iron Ban (page 255) is correct (per 2 full stones in German/ per full 4 pounds in English) but they missed that x2 in the special ability Iron-Attuned Aura (page 167)

There the correct text should be:

"With this advantage, you suffer a penalty for every
8 full pounds of weight due to the Iron Ban, not every 4
full pounds
, as usual"

instead of the wrong:

"With this advantage, you suffer a penalty for every
4 full pounds of weight due to the Iron Ban, not every 2
full pounds, as usual"

Quite important for your spell caster.... :lol:

I should say so! The penalty for iron being for every 4 lbs. instead of for every 2 lbs. makes for a significant difference. Thanks for this correction.

Flash wrote:
JohnK wrote::lol: This is true. Still working my way through the Core Rules book, but enjoying the read though it's a bit tedious at time. The written material per page is quite dense.

Well German text tends to need about twenty more space then English text. Both books have the same page count. That leads to the very stark effect that the English book look a lot less cluttered and more clean then the German one.

The effect is strong enough that I find myself using the English PDF much more then the German one.

While I might be tempted to to use the PDF, depending on how graphic it is (and thus affects the loading time), I prefer paper books myself to PDFs for my vision's sake. That said, TDE is a very heavy book...so even so, I prefer the rulebook to the PDF.
=====
"They're High Lords, for God's sake! You can't just walk up to one and say, "How you doing? Feel like dying now?" you know!" - Abraham Horowitz, priest

JohnK
e-mail: johnk100@sympatico.ca
blog: http://jkahane.livejournal.com

Flash

Postby Flash » Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:39 am

JohnK wrote:While I might be tempted to to use the PDF, depending on how graphic it is (and thus affects the loading time), I prefer paper books myself to PDFs for my vision's sake. That said, TDE is a very heavy book...so even so, I prefer the rulebook to the PDF.

I think they did the digest size version of the core book for the English line as well. A lot of people use them instead of PDFs and own both versions. The hardcover for reading at home and the smaller digest version for ease of play at the game table. (It also helps when the beer spill ruins the cheaper digest size and not the more expensive hardcover :lol: )

JohnK

Postby JohnK » Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:49 pm

Hullo, Flash,

Flash wrote:
JohnK wrote:While I might be tempted to to use the PDF, depending on how graphic it is (and thus affects the loading time), I prefer paper books myself to PDFs for my vision's sake. That said, TDE is a very heavy book...so even so, I prefer the rulebook to the PDF.

I think they did the digest size version of the core book for the English line as well. A lot of people use them instead of PDFs and own both versions.

I can't say I'm surprised. That said, even the digest version of the book isn't all that light. :)

Flash wrote:The hardcover for reading at home and the smaller digest version for ease of play at the game table. (It also helps when the beer spill ruins the cheaper digest size and not the more expensive hardcover :lol: )

There is that, 'tis true.
=====
"They're High Lords, for God's sake! You can't just walk up to one and say, "How you doing? Feel like dying now?" you know!" - Abraham Horowitz, priest

JohnK

MadBeard

Postby MadBeard » Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:12 pm

Well, I use pdf all the time. On my mobile phone or on PC. I'm much faster to find things in pdf. And I can zoom pdf how much I want, c/p text and so on.
Another plus is that this way I'm sparing my book and is still like new ;)
I'd have to be a warrior, a slave I couldn't be.
A soldier and a conqueror, fighting to be free.

"Warrior" - Wishbone Ash

JohnK

Postby JohnK » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:46 pm

Hullo, MadBeard,

MadBeard wrote:

Well, I use pdf all the time. On my mobile phone or on PC. I'm much faster to find things in pdf. And I can zoom pdf how much I want, c/p text and so on.
Another plus is that this way I'm sparing my book and is still like new ;)

Tastes differ, and all that. I'm just an old-fashioned gamer that doesn't like change and all that. :) Part of it is that reading on the computer or mobile device gives me headaches if I'm on them too long. So, for me, it's books and paper.
=====

JohnK

Return to “Rules Questions (TDE)”