Short Questions, Quick Answers

HEX the Dark

Short Questions, Quick Answers

Postby HEX the Dark » Sun Aug 21, 2016 3:52 pm

For all the little questions you have about The Dark Eye and the continent of Aventuria

Continues from here: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=126&start=130
Never trust a smiling gamemaster

Lorgan

Re: Short Questions, Quick Answers

Postby Lorgan » Fri Sep 02, 2016 3:15 am

I found info that "mundane skills start out activated", but which of them are mundane? Is it described somewhere?

bluedragon7

Postby bluedragon7 » Fri Sep 02, 2016 3:47 am

All skills are mundane while "skills" also contains spells and liturgical chants, which are not mundane.
See Page 21, it's a naming problem, they should have called the skills (without " ") in that diagram mundane skills to make it more clear.

Lorgan

Postby Lorgan » Fri Sep 02, 2016 8:13 am

This really helped me out. Thanks bluedragon7!

MadBeard

Postby MadBeard » Tue Oct 04, 2016 5:19 am

Don't know if this is typo or what, so help me out :)

Page 376 (containers) - Price for Belt pouch is 40.5 silverthalers, and for leather backpack is 34 silverthalers!?
Is this price for belt pouch correct? I'm little surprised to see it more expensive than backpack.
I'd have to be a warrior, a slave I couldn't be.
A soldier and a conqueror, fighting to be free.

"Warrior" - Wishbone Ash

TeichDragon

Postby TeichDragon » Tue Oct 04, 2016 6:38 am

MadBeard wrote:Page 376 (containers) - Price for Belt pouch is 40.5 silverthalers, and for leather backpack is 34 silverthalers!?
Is this price for belt pouch correct? I'm little surprised to see it more expensive than backpack.

It's a typo. Should be 4 silverthalers.

MadBeard

Postby MadBeard » Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:26 am

Thanks TeichDragon.

I'll report this to pdf error collection thread

"Warrior" - Wishbone Ash

MadBeard

Postby MadBeard » Wed Oct 05, 2016 5:56 am

Couple of quick questions about poisons.

1. Rules says that if poison check failed than effect of poison is lessened. What if poison is already lessened/weakened ? Than there is no effect on victim or?
  2. Why is "Start time" of Arax poison (page 342) so long (10 min)? It's a weapon/animal poison (distilled spider poison). It doesn't make sense to use this poison in combat through weapon and it's listed only as a combat poison. Combat usually don't last for 10 min.

"Warrior" - Wishbone Ash

Bosper

Postby Bosper » Wed Oct 05, 2016 10:05 am

MadBeard wrote:Couple of quick questions about poisons.

1. Rules says that if poison check failed than effect of poison is lessened. What if poison is already lessened/weakened ? Than there is no effect on victim or?
  2. Why is "Start time" of Arax poison (page 342) so long (10 min)? It's a weapon/animal poison (distilled spider poison). It doesn't make sense to use this poison in combat through weapon and it's listed only as a combat poison. Combat usually don't last for 10 min.

1) how is it weakened before the check? you cant weaken an effect before it happens.

2)Hunt is also a part of "combat" if you want to weaken your opponent you can hit them in an ambush and attack later.
and i think arax is the weaker non-refined version of arachnae isnt it ?. the other one is instant and stronger.

MadBeard

Postby MadBeard » Wed Oct 05, 2016 10:48 am

1) It's written in Core book on page 342.
Preserving Poisons
Poisons do not remain potent forever. As a rule of thumb, a poison’s toxicity lessens after three months. This weakened poison causes the effect listed after the slash under the poison’s Effect, and uses the duration listed after the slash under the poison’s Duration. Poisons lose their potency entirely after six months and become harmless, no matter how well preserved.

2) I agree that hunt is part of the combat (guerilla tactics), but it's hard to play guerilla tactics with close weapons.
I don't know what arachnae is. This poison is not listed in Core book or Bestiary. At least I can't find it.

"Warrior" - Wishbone Ash

Return to “Rules Questions (TDE)”