Blinding Flash spell

JohnK

Re: Blinding Flash spell

Postby JohnK » Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:06 pm

Hullo, Bosper,

Bosper wrote:
JohnK wrote:It should be interesting to see how this stuff works when the supplements in question come out for the game. That said, even more interesting will be how one goes about implementing this Focus kind of approach to magic with player characters already created.

We just allowed our Mages to get their casting style (or focus if thats the term) of an academy of their choice, with their next AP and just assumed they are from there. And of course they picked academies whose bonuses benefit their known spells, which automatically made them fit into the academy.

That's pretty much how I envision handling it for my own games, too. Then again, one doesn't really have a choice, does one?

Did the German version of the supplement(s) offer suggestions on how to work this stuff out with the players, or is it just something the GM has to get creative about?
=====
"They're High Lords, for God's sake! You can't just walk up to one and say, "How you doing? Feel like dying now?" you know!" - Abraham Horowitz, priest

JohnK
e-mail: johnk100@sympatico.ca
blog: http://jkahane.livejournal.com

Bosper

Postby Bosper » Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:34 am

JohnK wrote:Hullo, Bosper,

Bosper wrote:
JohnK wrote:It should be interesting to see how this stuff works when the supplements in question come out for the game. That said, even more interesting will be how one goes about implementing this Focus kind of approach to magic with player characters already created.

We just allowed our Mages to get their casting style (or focus if thats the term) of an academy of their choice, with their next AP and just assumed they are from there. And of course they picked academies whose bonuses benefit their known spells, which automatically made them fit into the academy.

That's pretty much how I envision handling it for my own games, too. Then again, one doesn't really have a choice, does one?

Did the German version of the supplement(s) offer suggestions on how to work this stuff out with the players, or is it just something the GM has to get creative about?

Since this situation is unique for our circumstances to have played before the supplement was available it doesnt mention it. I guess common sense is the best rule for things like that.

JohnK

Postby JohnK » Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:39 pm

Hullo, Bosper,

Bosper wrote:
JohnK wrote:Did the German version of the supplement(s) offer suggestions on how to work this stuff out with the players, or is it just something the GM has to get creative about?

Since this situation is unique for our circumstances to have played before the supplement was available it doesnt mention it. I guess common sense is the best rule for things like that.

LOL! Common sense is always the best course in these situations. :)
=====
"They're High Lords, for God's sake! You can't just walk up to one and say, "How you doing? Feel like dying now?" you know!" - Abraham Horowitz, priest

JohnK
e-mail: johnk100@sympatico.ca
blog: http://jkahane.livejournal.com

Return to “Rules Questions (TDE)”