Alchemical Laboratory

What advantages are generally available to an Alchemist?

YES/YES - Only Witches may make use of a Witch Kitchen and Spellcaster may be taken by an Alchemist without a Tradition
0
No votes
YES/NO - Only Witches may make use of a Witch Kitchen and Spellcaster may NOT be taken by an Alchemist without a Tradition
0
No votes
NO/YES - A mobile Level 2 Lab which costs the same as a Witch Kitchen is generally available and Spellcaster may be taken by an Alchemist without a Tradition
0
No votes
NO/NO - A mobile Level 2 Lab which costs the same as a Witch Kitchen is generally available and Spellcaster may NOT be taken by an Alchemist without a Tradition
4
100%
 
Total votes: 4

User avatar
Bosper
Posts: 554
Joined: Mon May 30, 2016 8:38 am

Re: Alchemical Laboratory

Postby Bosper » Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:02 am

TDE is meant to be a game about heroes. Making soap isnt very heroic, so it basically sucked to make the alchemist the worst alchemist in the game behind mages and witches. They just enabled him to do what he is meant to do and still be a viable hero

User avatar
HEX the Dark
Posts: 368
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:43 am

Re: Alchemical Laboratory

Postby HEX the Dark » Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:03 pm

TDE is however also a world that has to work without heros. And that's why you need people make soap.
Remember, in TDE are the heroes the exception, not the norm, of the general populace.
Never trust a smiling gamemaster

bluedragon7
Posts: 107
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2016 5:14 pm

Re: Alchemical Laboratory

Postby bluedragon7 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:24 am

It was not as much that magic was needed for a particular potion but rather that magical alchemists were twice as good as anyone else due to the game mechanics. Translated to TDE they would by spending tiny amounts of astral energy double their talent score, effectively doubling the quality level of any potion they made compared to a non magical alchemist _with the same amount of AP spent in alchemy_

User avatar
Bosper
Posts: 554
Joined: Mon May 30, 2016 8:38 am

Re: Alchemical Laboratory

Postby Bosper » Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:16 am

HEX the Dark wrote:TDE is however also a world that has to work without heros. And that's why you need people make soap.
Remember, in TDE are the heroes the exception, not the norm, of the general populace.

Yes those just wont put AP into magical recipes. But hero alchemists should be able to do what they are supposed to.

User avatar
HEX the Dark
Posts: 368
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:43 am

Re: Alchemical Laboratory

Postby HEX the Dark » Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:41 pm

bluedragon7 wrote:It was not as much that magic was needed for a particular potion but rather that magical alchemists were twice as good as anyone else due to the game mechanics. Translated to TDE they would by spending tiny amounts of astral energy double their talent score, effectively doubling the quality level of any potion they made compared to a non magical alchemist _with the same amount of AP spent in alchemy_


This was one way, yes, but several recipes called for a magic sell to be cast into the potion, too - or it had to be substituted, resulting usually in a lesser quality of the potion in the end.


Bosper wrote:
HEX the Dark wrote:TDE is however also a world that has to work without heros. And that's why you need people make soap.
Remember, in TDE are the heroes the exception, not the norm, of the general populace.

Yes those just wont put AP into magical recipes. But hero alchemists should be able to do what they are supposed to.


I personally believe that PCs shouldn't get a special exception just because they'r heroes. You play a person out of the world in the world. But as I said, I can understand why they changed it resp. adjusted it.
Never trust a smiling gamemaster

bluedragon7
Posts: 107
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2016 5:14 pm

Re: Alchemical Laboratory

Postby bluedragon7 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:00 am

HEX the Dark wrote:
bluedragon7 wrote:It was not as much that magic was needed for a particular potion but rather that magical alchemists were twice as good as anyone else due to the game mechanics. Translated to TDE they would by spending tiny amounts of astral energy double their talent score, effectively doubling the quality level of any potion they made compared to a non magical alchemist _with the same amount of AP spent in alchemy_


This was one way, yes, but several recipes called for a magic sell to be cast into the potion, too - or it had to be substituted, resulting usually in a lesser quality of the potion in the end.
substitutions were not that difficult, comparing a magician with that spell and a magical alchemist having to substitute, the alchemist would still get better quality due to his special ability

Gavril
Posts: 8
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:49 pm

Re: Alchemical Laboratory

Postby Gavril » Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:25 pm

Just a general update. The Preview of Aventurian Magic which is now released has Tradition: Savant (35 AP), which pretty much takes care of the issue of Alchemists who only use AP for Alchemy....and smiths that produce magical equipment as well. So 2 of my big questions have been answered!

tempest13
Posts: 76
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2017 2:20 pm

Re: Alchemical Laboratory

Postby tempest13 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:58 pm

Magic Alchemists are in Aventurian Magic II.


Return to “Rules Questions (TDE)”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests