Legacy of the Dike - Krakennewt Stats

Trajkov

Legacy of the Dike - Krakennewt Stats

Postby Trajkov » Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:45 pm

In the Heroic Work Legacy of the Dike, the stats for a krakennewt are given. However, in the adventure there is no mention of the creature outside of this stat block. Was it perhaps something that would have been cut out of the adventure? Or is it just the sea serpent that the fang is taken from? If so it appears in the book much later than expected.

bluedragon7

Re: Legacy of the Dike - Krakennewt Stats

Postby bluedragon7 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:41 am

The krakennewt is actually a kraken like creature, that is amphibious and can survive for some time on land and has been one of the oldest unique monsters of TDE.

Trajkov

Postby Trajkov » Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:08 am

bluedragon7 wrote:The krakennewt is actually a kraken like creature, that is amphibious and can survive for some time on land and has been one of the oldest unique monsters of TDE.

That is pretty neat!
But it's not quite the answer I was looking for. I was wondering why its stats were included in the adventure.

bluedragon7

Postby bluedragon7 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:21 am

Unfortunately I don’t have the German version, so this is only the answer that a krakennewt is not a sea serpent;-)

Trajkov

Postby Trajkov » Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:09 am

Fair enough. If I wanted to prolong the adventure or further cement the idea of how cursed this poor dike is. I could just have it burst over the dike, Attack on Titan style. :lol:

Exarkfr

Postby Exarkfr » Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:02 am

The German version has an optional encounter after "Return to the Farmstead" but before "Attack of the Thorwalers" (p12)

Der Krakenmolch
Optionaler Inhalt
Falls du die Rückreise der Helden abwechslungsreicher gestalten möchtest, bietet der nächtliche Angriffs eines Krakenmolchs eine Herausforderung. Das Tier hat sich auf der Suche nach Beute an Land begeben und ist durch den Feuerschein auf das Nachtlager aufmerksam geworden. Es versucht, ein Opfer mit zweien seiner Fangarme zu packen, und, wenn möglich, unbemerkt ins Wasser zu schleppen.

tempest13

Postby tempest13 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:13 pm

Google translate of the above:

The Krakennewt
Optional content
If you want to make the heroes' return journey more varied, the nocturnal attack of a Krakennewt offers a challenge. The animal has gone ashore in search of prey and has become aware of the night camp due to the firelight. It tries to grab a victim with two of his tentacles and, if possible, drag them into the water unnoticed.

tempest13

Postby tempest13 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:15 pm

Additionally the Krakennewt is described in the Aventurian Almanac

Return to “Rules Questions (TDE)”