Blessed Ones of multiple Gods

antema

Blessed Ones of multiple Gods

Postby antema » Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:59 pm

I was wondering if it is possible for someone to be a Blessed One of more than 1 God? Blessed Ones of Ifirn are said to run temples of Firun, so whether they are Blessed Ones of Firun & Ifirn, they are very least priests of both Gods, at least to some extent.

Also. What happens if a Blessed One loses faith in their God, or they begin to relate to another God more than their own? Can a Blessed One change faiths, and if they can, what will happen to their powers? And finally. What powers do Blessed Ones of "lesser gods" use? For example Aves? Do his Blessed Ones use both Phex & Rahja's powers?

Thanks

Shinxirus

Re: Blessed Ones of multiple Gods

Postby Shinxirus » Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:45 pm

It is impossible to be blessed by more than one god. As for the temples of Firun: Most of them are tended to by priestesses of Ifirn, since blessed ones of Firun usually wander the land, with the exception of some who have grown too old to wander. The cults of Firun and Ifirn are very close (Ifirn being Firuns daughter), but the priestesses of Ifirn aren't priests of Firun, they merely tend to the temples, keeping them intact, gathering offerings etc.

A blessed one could theoretically join another god, but that would be extremely rare. In that case, the blessed one would loose their former powers and gain the new gods powers.

Blessed ones of halfgods and minor gods have their own liturgies and ceremonies. In the cases of halfgods, they also have access to some of the liturgies of the parent gods.

antema

Postby antema » Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:01 pm

So basically, with the current English language materials, if someone wanted to play a Blessed One of a minor god, they would have to use powers from their god's parent Gods power list. So for example, playing a Blessed One of Nandus with currently available materials, would require combining the professions of Hesinde's and Phex's Blessed Ones and they would use powers from both Gods.

I suppose that technically a Blessed One of Nandus would be somewhat more powerful, or at least more versatile, than a Blessed One of Hesinde or Phex. Although I suppose that playing a Blessed One of Nandus would have several drawbacks. Nandus is the only minor god whose both parent's Blessed Ones are translated. So playing a Blessed One of Aves, Swafnir & Simia would mean using only one parent's powers. Same with half-gods such as Kor, whose Blessed ones would use only Rondra's powers.

I'm also assuming that the only way for a Blessed One to change faiths without losing all of their powers is to convert to the worship of a child of their God's. So Rondra would not take away her gifts from someone who converts to the worship of Swafnir. Same with Boron and Marbo, and all other such Gods?

EDIT: Of coarse the same would apply to minor god's Blessed One NPCs.

Bosper

Postby Bosper » Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:12 pm

antema wrote:So basically, with the current English language materials, if someone wanted to play a Blessed One of a minor god, they would have to use powers from their god's parent Gods power list. So for example, playing a Blessed One of Nandus with currently available materials, would require combining the professions of Hesinde's and Phex's Blessed Ones and they would use powers from both Gods.

I suppose that technically a Blessed One of Nandus would be somewhat more powerful, or at least more versatile, than a Blessed One of Hesinde or Phex. Although I suppose that playing a Blessed One of Nandus would have several drawbacks. Nandus is the only minor god whose both parent's Blessed Ones are translated. So playing a Blessed One of Aves, Swafnir & Simia would mean using only one parent's powers. Same with half-gods such as Kor, whose Blessed ones would use only Rondra's powers.

I'm also assuming that the only way for a Blessed One to change faiths without losing all of their powers is to convert to the worship of a child of their God's. So Rondra would not take away her gifts from someone who converts to the worship of Swafnir. Same with Boron and Marbo, and all other such Gods?

EDIT: Of coarse the same would apply to minor god's Blessed One NPCs.

No if a rondra priest would (for whatever reason , since he isnt worshipped outside thorwal) change faith to swafnir AND feel the need to join the church, his blessing of rondra would end. Same for her Son KOR, which happened to an important NPC not long ago. The do share a few chants between their churches, so these should still be of use, but everything else is gone.

The family bonds between the gods is an interpretation of the churches, not really reality between these jealous entities

Return to “Rules Questions (TDE)”