Questions About Books and Metals

Schlake

Questions About Books and Metals

Postby Schlake » Mon May 27, 2019 5:57 pm

Obviously if my witch is going to carry a dagger, it should be made of something nice, like titanium. Is titanium the metal we know, or is named after the titans? (I suspect the latter.) A dagger would cost me about 1,000,000 silverthalers in metal, but that seems to be the easy part of it. There is a trade secret for titanium processing, but it is widely believed that no one alive today knows how to do it. That means to craft a dagger, I'd have someone who can, or I could learn the trade secret to do it myself, but I'd have to find someone who can. Both conditions are just the same hard to meet condition, so would I be looking at summoning a demon, elemental, or ghost to have it crafted or to learn to craft? Or should I be looking at a different continent?

As for books, they have a price, and a number of volumes, and a number of copies. If I want to buy one, I need to find a copy willing to be sold, and then pay the price per volume for all the volumes? Also, I thought I remembered a blank book, but I can't find it now. Is there a price somewhere for a blank book?
--Schlake

Bosper

Re: Questions About Books and Metals

Postby Bosper » Tue May 28, 2019 11:28 am

a demon of agrimoth would be happy to craft it in exchange for your soul ;)
On Aventuria only some of the oldest dwarven masters (probably blessed ones of Angrosch) know how to work with it. And they most probably would rather shave than do a witch a favour, they only do gifts to honorable kings. On the western continent Myranor its less rare (still rare though) and can be optained with enough money. So with a big fortune to spend and good contacts to the Brabakian Occidental Compagny, horasian explorers or House Stoerrebrandt you might have a chance to get what you want in 2-6 years.

a diary is 11 thalers. An empty tome might be twice to four times that.

Schlake

Re: Questions About Books and Metals

Postby Schlake » Tue May 28, 2019 11:59 am

Funny story! After finally reading the compendium with the magical metals in it, I came up with this plan about the million silverthaler dagger. Last night, in the middle the game, I suddenly snapped back to magic weapons. Long ago, when we were in Perrainfords (I think), we visited a sort of black market flea market. One of the vendors sold things found on the battlefields of the demon wars. Our giant woman (a Thorwalian) bought a nice black saber. It did +1 DP. She's been carrying it around for almost the entire game, and stabbing things with it (while I hold the lantern and hide behind her).
--Schlake

Return to “Rules Questions (TDE)”