Questions on more character options!

Morgoth

Questions on more character options!

Postby Morgoth » Sat Jun 11, 2016 4:02 am

Got my pdf in the first batch and loving it thus far. A couple of randomg questions:

-More spells: Assuming they will be in an official supplement for magic, when will it be released in English? When was it released in German, anyone know? Does this book have new abilities for existing traditions like Guild Mage? (I want more Binding of the Staff Rituals, since it's a cool idea but the ones in the core book are too few)

-Deep Rules: I am due to receive the 'Deep Rules' from my pledge and I suppose there will be some more spells there; anyone know how many?

-More Special Abilities for character types: Is there a separate book for different types like Warriors, Mages etc and if so, when will it be out?

-More Advantages/Disadv. When do we get them and which book?

-New Magical Traditions: I assume it will be part of the magic supplement? I know there was recently a German supp released in Germany with new traditions, but isn't there any book released prior to this, else the wait is going to be unbearable!

-More stuff for blessed ones: When do we get these? Things we need are remainder traditions for blessed ones, like blessed ones of ingerrim, which for some reason aren't included in the main rulebook. More liturgical chants, as the ones provided are way too few. Finally more special abilities, as Blessed Ones did get the short end of the stick in this deparment. Also a way to differentiate blessed one traditions, as it is one blessed one of rhondra is no different from another who picks this tradition, unlike say Mages who can differentiate a bit.

Thanks!

Teekayy

Re: Questions on more character options!

Postby Teekayy » Sat Jun 11, 2016 4:25 am

Since I'm from Germany, I can just tell you what the german products will be like.

1. There will be two more books, which attend to magic. The first one will be attending to the classic magic users like guildmages and the second one focus on the other magic user (witches, druids, etc.). Of course with new abilities, spells, etc.. But it's not out yet (Official release as for now: August 2016 for the first book)
2. Same goes for priests. Two books, one for the main 12 gods and another for the rest of the spiritual world. In germany you also have the "vademecum" for each of the main 12 gods and a few other (more coming), in which every traditions and beliefs of a church of one god is explained, so for every god there are different traditions and believes.
3. The next book coming out in germany will be the "compendium", which attends to all non magic and priest professions. In there you can find different fighting styles, different warrior academies and advanced rules on things like smithing. It will be relased at the end of this month.

I don't know, if all this states true for the english versions. But it would be easier just to translate existing stuff, than trying to make something different and new.

Flash

Postby Flash » Sat Jun 11, 2016 4:28 am

Short answer: You backed the right game if you want more options. You will get them in spades. :lol:

I don't know how fast Ulisses will translate all that stuff but they are doing the German translation of Pathfinder and when I last looked they had translated a shit ton of stuff. So my guess would be that they should have the ability to do that with TDE into English as well.

Just take a look at their Drivethrurpg library. I am rather impressed with the amount of stuff they did with Warmachine/Hordes/Iron Kingdoms as well.

thebwt

Postby thebwt » Sat Jun 11, 2016 7:50 am

Are druids described in the German core rulebook? There are only slight defences to them in the English one, no tradition description.
Check out the unofficial slack channel @ https://rpg-talk.com/ , join us in #the_dark_eye

twincast

Postby twincast » Sat Jun 11, 2016 8:45 am

Teekayy wrote:1. There will be two more books, which attend to magic. The first one will be attending to the classic magic users like guildmages and the second one focus on the other magic user (witches, druids, etc.). Of course with new abilities, spells, etc.. But it's not out yet (Official release as for now: August 2016 for the first book)

I could be misremembering, but haven't they recently upped that to three books? Two volumes on guild magic (et al.) and one on nature magic (et al.)? At least tentatively?

thebwt wrote:Are druids described in the German core rulebook? There are only slight defences to them in the English one, no tradition description.

No. They are in the first region book (I forget the English translation... Quarreling Kingdoms? Some such.) and will also be in the book on nature magic.

bern

Postby bern » Sat Jun 11, 2016 8:48 am

In the 4th edtion there was a 300+ page book only for Spells. Every Spell was covered on 1 page, few of them on 2 pages. I guess it contained around 250 Spells and I expect there will eventually be a similar number of Spells for the 5th edition.

There were also more Staff Rituals in the 4th edition, altough not that many, and even more Tradition Artifacts like a crystal ball and a bowl for Alchemy.

Thorgarth

Postby Thorgarth » Sat Jun 11, 2016 12:52 pm

Will it be that hard to update 4th edition spells to 5th edition rules and format? I´m sure we will have fan made conversions in no time, at least till the oficial spells are released.

GTStar

Postby GTStar » Sat Jun 11, 2016 2:36 pm

bern wrote:In the 4th edtion there was a 300+ page book only for Spells. Every Spell was covered on 1 page, few of them on 2 pages. I guess it contained around 250 Spells and I expect there will eventually be a similar number of Spells for the 5th edition.

There will be more spells. They said the add some new and also variants of all existing spells.

Lambert

Postby Lambert » Sat Jun 11, 2016 2:38 pm

121 Spells (11 times 11) is more than sufficient.

I am not sure the other 129+ spells will be needed.

I might be showing my age here :)

twincast

Postby twincast » Sat Jun 11, 2016 8:31 pm

A few details from earlier today (well, yesterday by now here in CEST):
Aventurian Magic will include lots of guild mages as well as other traditions typically found more often in towns than in woods. 130 spells (incl. the relevant ones from the Core Rules) plus variants for many of them. Also magic/casting styles (analogous to combat/fighting styles) which offer new Special Abilities to differentiate more between different academies etc. Plus more staff rituals and various other titbits here and there.

Return to “Rules Questions (TDE)”