Learning to create a character as I will be GMing TDE in the near future and wanted to understand some things.

blackwind1kaze

Re: Learning to create a character as I will be GMing TDE in the near future and wanted to understand some things.

Postby blackwind1kaze » Wed Dec 14, 2016 4:14 pm

Ah missed some of the skills I hand written down.
Survival 7: 21 ap
Tracking 7: 21 ap
Music 4: 4 ap
Woodworking 5: 10 ap
I don't always GM, but when i do, I go out in style :ugeek:

Flash

Re: Learning to create a character as I will be GMing TDE in the near future and wanted to understand some things.

Postby Flash » Wed Dec 14, 2016 4:38 pm

Will give it a spin when I have my books at hand, a calculator and when I am less tired.

I will laugh my ass off when they miscalculated. That is a time honoured tradition in TDE. Much like Shadowrun never getting its archetypes right... :lol:

MadBeard

Postby MadBeard » Wed Dec 14, 2016 6:30 pm

blackwind1kaze wrote:OOOHHHHH, that explains a lot, thanks.

Yes I saw that it had Skill: Music but wasn't completely sure what it meant when it also had it's own Skill Rating. Thanks for clearing it up for me (I understand better when people who know explain xD)

You welcome. If you have questions just fire away. I'm glad to help if I can :)

Flash wrote:Will give it a spin when I have my books at hand, a calculator and when I am less tired.

Same here. Me and my group just finished short online session and it was a blast. We're playing Revelations from Heaven.
I'd have to be a warrior, a slave I couldn't be.
A soldier and a conqueror, fighting to be free.

"Warrior" - Wishbone Ash

Otaku Mike

Postby Otaku Mike » Thu Dec 15, 2016 1:04 am

My GM translated the Excel Charsheet in English, and it's a godsend to make or maintain characters. It calculates everything.
I like TDE, but chargen is the most overwhelming part of the game, and not one I'm enjoying the most.

Bosper

Postby Bosper » Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:41 am

We calculated and checked all the professions in gammatest after the authors calculated them. They SHOULD be alright. the only thing that slipped was the dwarf at some point afaik

MadBeard

Postby MadBeard » Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:35 am

I just checked Wyldrunner profession and I'm getting 261 AP instead of 256 :?:
I can't find what I did wrong. Anybody have idea?

Here is link for excel file and here is screenshot (click to enlarge)

"Warrior" - Wishbone Ash

Bosper

Postby Bosper » Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:27 am

Looks like you are right. It was even pointed out in the gamma test, but they must've forgotten to fix it. (i think it could be because plant lore changed its cost between beta and gamma phases)

blackwind1kaze

Postby blackwind1kaze » Thu Dec 15, 2016 12:02 pm

Do they have an eratta sheet then like d&d does listing the changes from the book that needed to be fixed? Cause if they do, I think I need that.

MadBeard

Postby MadBeard » Thu Dec 15, 2016 2:07 pm

Bosper wrote:Looks like you are right. It was even pointed out in the gamma test, but they must've forgotten to fix it. (i think it could be because plant lore changed its cost between beta and gamma phases)

Thanks Bosper. I though that I was crazy :D
I rechecked my calculation maybe 5 times and I always got 261 AP.

blackwind1kaze wrote:Do they have an eratta sheet then like d&d does listing the changes from the book that needed to be fixed? Cause if they do, I think I need that.

Not at the moment but Eric said that errata will eventually be released.
For now you can check this thread for errors
Last edited by MadBeard on Thu Dec 15, 2016 2:20 pm, edited 3 times in total.

"Warrior" - Wishbone Ash

blackwind1kaze

Postby blackwind1kaze » Thu Dec 15, 2016 2:10 pm

Ok, thanks, I will.

Return to “Rules Questions (TDE)”