Khunchom questions

thelordoftherats

Khunchom questions

Postby thelordoftherats » Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:07 pm

Does the Codex Albyricus apply in Khunchom? What about the Treaty of Trollup? Are there bans on the types of weapons people can carry there? Is there a foriegn quarter other than the Maraskan one?

Morgoth Feuerklinge

Re: Khunchom questions

Postby Morgoth Feuerklinge » Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:04 am

There are following city quarter: Aimar-Zahbahr (harbour), Al'Barrah (old town), Dar-Marustani (Astuzak, maraskan quarter), Fürst-Istav-Allee, Jazira'el'Serai (palace island), Quad'El'Basar (market quarter), Schmiedeviertel (forged quarter), Thalabad (southern city), Thalusim'Al'Awal (garden of Rahja, "Stutenau"). It looks like there are no others foreign quarters. It doesn't mean there are no foreigners living in these neighborhoods.

The Codex Albyricus is valid in the New and Old Empire, in Borland and Arania, to a certain extent in Nostria, Andergast and the Caliphate. According to the claim, it is valid for the entire aventuria. Since Khunchom is independent of Arania, it doesn't count directly.
Please excuse my bad English, I'm a beginner.

TDE since: 1998
Current TDE rule set: 4.1
Played adventures: 55

Morgoth Feuerklinge

Postby Morgoth Feuerklinge » Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:36 am

About the Treaty of Trollup. I think you mean the document for the legal status of the elves. This document affects only in the middlerealm and the old empire (horasia).

HEX the Dark

Postby HEX the Dark » Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:51 pm

I believe the codex is actually valid in the whole of Aventuria, or at least everywhere where the mage-guilds have influence, but the more south you get the less people worry about.
Especially in Khunchom it's all about personal prestige, so as a mage you would make damn sure to be recognizable as one. Carrying a weapon, pffft, that's under your status. You're a mage, not a common man! You don't need such brutal and unrefined things if you can change the fabric of the world itself.
Elves are highly regarded in the lands of the tulamids, as they are thought to be Djinns or magical being in general.
I think there is no real "ban" on weapons, but since certain weapons come with a certain status, you might want to be able to back that up. E.G. a beggar with a two handed sword might run into problems quite fast.
Never trust a smiling gamemaster

Bosper

Postby Bosper » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:12 pm

The Codex is mainly a set of rules for the guilds and valid wherever the guild is, so yes khunchom as guild member does follow the codex. Like Hex said, they are way too proud of their profession in the lands of the tulamids.

Elfs are basically unknown mythical creatures in this land. so no there is no law about them. But it brings luck and good fortune to touch them. So have fun in the streets treehuggers :P

Morgoth Feuerklinge

Postby Morgoth Feuerklinge » Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:02 am

Al' Anfa is also a member of a magician guild, but they don't really think much of the Codex. Even if they officially accept the Code, nobody will really care about it. I think the blacker the academy is, the less they explicitly follow the rules, or the rules are stretched. Well, Khunchom belongs to the Grey Guild and belonged to Arania until a few decades ago... may well be that they still follow the Codex more strictly. According to the Compendium Salamandris (TDE3) Page 53, Khunchom is not explicitly listed who follow the Codex.

Bosper

Postby Bosper » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:09 am

the black guild never really cared. Khunchom will follow most of it, since they are in the grey guild, they will mix it up with ancient tulamidian traditions, but the benefits of the guild (tax free transportation of material for example, they are the no.1 artifact school) are way too good to jeopardize.

Return to “Setting Discussion (TDE)”