Eleven airships

Demoguy

Eleven airships

Postby Demoguy » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:17 pm

The Dark Eye Core books briefly mentions Elven Airships when talking about atifacts. Is there any other information about them in previous editions of the game?

HEX the Dark

Re: Eleven airships

Postby HEX the Dark » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:33 pm

AFAIK there are none (functional ones) left in Aventuria. And if, the elves would probably not low how to handle them.
They're long los relicts of the high elves, millennia old. You can stumble upon some - maybe - crashed at the highest peaks or sunken to the deepest grounds, maybe somewhere in the deepest forests overgrown since many many centuries.

Where was that mentioned btw, in the core rules? I kind of want to look it up now.
Never trust a smiling gamemaster

bluedragon7

Postby bluedragon7 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:09 am

The high elves had elemental cities, one of them was a floating city and they had magical ships to travel the elements. I think in one adventure you can find a wreck of one in the desert: https://goo.gl/images/5Gv2NW
But even the remaining high elves in the Misty Islands seem to have lost their ability to make them.

Morgoth Feuerklinge

Postby Morgoth Feuerklinge » Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:10 am

These are the remains of a high elf ship which can be found in the adventure "Goldfieber" of the anthology "Maskenspiele & Kabale" in the final chapter. I'm not sure, but I think I remember that in the Phileasson saga there is also an elf ship. In any case, ice sailors of the high elves can be found there. They still work.

But yes... nowadays there are no elves left who has the knowledge to build or use such a ship.
Please excuse my bad English, I'm a beginner.

TDE since: 1998
Current TDE rule set: 4.1
Played adventures: 55

bluedragon7

Postby bluedragon7 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:37 am

Yes it’s from that adventure.
In Phileason it was the Traubalir, which could grow and shrink as needed to accommodate the number of passengers available. And when not in use it shrank to a miniature model to be easily carried around. Unfortunately it’s fate was to be burnt after her last voyage to the misty islands.

Morgoth Feuerklinge

Postby Morgoth Feuerklinge » Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:30 am

aaaaaaaaaah yes... I remember :D. Thanks! It's been too long since I played this campaign.
Please excuse my bad English, I'm a beginner.

TDE since: 1998
Current TDE rule set: 4.1
Played adventures: 55

Return to “Setting Discussion (TDE)”