Understanding 1019FB to 1040FB

Schlake

Understanding 1019FB to 1040FB

Postby Schlake » Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:45 am

I've been pouring over the rule book and the almanac. I'm just looking to make sure I'm right about a couple of things.

The demons came in 1019, and were mostly pushed back by Rohaja's army in 1040.

Perricum never fell to the shadowlands, but was attacked in 1040, and liberated again.

Festum and Zorgan were both outside of the shadowlands and never fell to the demons.

Was one of the bridges in Vallusa destroyed during the wars? It isn't even clear to me if Vallusa fell to the shadowlands or stayed independant?

Perrainefords, Eslambridge, Ilsur, and Mendena are all places that fell.

There is at least one thing I'd like to know that I can't seem to find in the English material. What was Rohaja's army named when it came in 1040 to retake the shadowlands?
--Schlake

Bosper

Re: Understanding 1019FB to 1040FB

Postby Bosper » Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:20 pm

I've been pouring over the rule book and the almanac. I'm just looking to make sure I'm right about a couple of things.

The demons came in 1019, and were mostly pushed back by Rohaja's army in 1040.
Most of their remains where pushed back by Rohaja's army. The demon lord's defeat was accomplished slowly in several campaigns (military speaking, not gaming campaigns) over the whole time period.

Perricum never fell to the shadowlands, but was attacked in 1040, and liberated again.
True

Festum and Zorgan were both outside of the shadowlands and never fell to the demons.
Way outside, but they both had problems with agents of darkness. Festum being in the Bornland had to suffer under a civil war , called the war of brothers, which was iniciated by Borbarads agents and kept the forces of the land bount in internal conflict. Zorgan is part of Arania, which had to fight the servants of Belkelel the archdemoness of ecstasy

Was one of the bridges in Vallusa destroyed during the wars? It isn't even clear to me if Vallusa fell to the shadowlands or stayed independant?
Vallusa itself wasnt captured, one of the final important battles was fought very close to the city on the Vallusian pastures.

Perrainefords, Eslambridge, Ilsur, and Mendena are all places that fell.
afaik

There is at least one thing I'd like to know that I can't seem to find in the English material. What was Rohaja's army named when it came in 1040 to retake the shadowlands?
I have to look that up. My brain says it was just called a "Heerzug wider Haffax" Heerzug isnt easy to translate, it is some outdated term for campaign i would say. It combines the march and the troops doing it into one word.
In other contexts its translated as "march" "array" "crusade" "army on the march". none grasping all of its meaning. Crusade would fit, only that the word referencing the cross makes no sense ingame.

Rohajas Heerzug wider Haffax would be "Rohaja's campaign against Haffax" no special name afaik.

Schlake

Postby Schlake » Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:09 am

I can't find any mention of a civil war in Bornland by searching the PDF for likely key words (civil war, festum, and bornland). My new dictionary should arrive tomorrow, so maybe then I'll order that PDF of the Bornland source material that someone linked in a previous posting I made here. Thanks for the rest of the info, I gather I was mostly successful in my attempts to farm knowledge from what little we have in English!
--Schlake

Morgoth Feuerklinge

Postby Morgoth Feuerklinge » Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:16 am

Perainfurten was never conquered. It is today called the Heart of White Tobrien. In this city you can find the Council of the 12 gods. Mendena was the first city who felled in the start of the invasion of the damned.

I would say the most important battles in your mentioned time period are the battle of Eslamsbrück (1019 BF), the battle of Vallussa (1021 BF), the battle of Ysilia (1021 BF), the 3rd demon battle (1021 BF), the battle in the clouds (1027 BF) and the battle of Perricum (1040 BF).

Especially the 3rd demon battle is important for the whole free mankind. In this battle the black Borbarad felled. For me... the time between 1019 BF and 1021 BF are the most amazing and fantastic period ever in TDE history.
Please excuse my bad English, I'm a beginner.

TDE since: 1998
Current TDE rule set: 4.1
Played adventures: 55

Schlake

Postby Schlake » Wed Jul 05, 2017 12:56 pm

Morgoth Feuerklinge wrote:For me... the time between 1019 BF and 1021 BF are the most amazing and fantastic period ever in TDE history.

Except for the elf, all of our characters are teenagers. We missed it. It makes me think I should start calling the elf grandpa, and ask about old war stories!
--Schlake

Return to “Setting Discussion (TDE)”