QuickStart

User avatar
JohnK
Posts: 232
Joined: Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:26 am

Re: QuickStart

Postby JohnK » Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:52 pm

Hullo, MadBeard,
MadBeard wrote:
JohnK wrote:Question for you: Did you ever do up the character sheets for the starting characters? If so, is there anywhere that you've uploaded them (Dropbox, perhaps?) that folks such as myself might snag them from?

Thanks, in advance. :)


I created character sheets for all sample characters along with word document for every sample character. In word document are descriptions of all special abilities and spells that character have. This came up quite useful during my TDE presentation at local con. I run Witch's Dance.


That's the scenario I was actually thinking of running. Both as a convention scenario, and a game campaign scenario.

MadBeard wrote:As Ulisses is selling character sheets, I'm not sure if I'm allowed to share this with anyone. I send those sheets (and word files) to Eric, so you could ask him to send you, or I just need confirmation from Eric and I'll send those files to you.


I would appreciate your getting in touch with Eric about this, and seeing if he'd give you permission to allow me to receive those files from you. :)
=====
"They're High Lords, for God's sake! You can't just walk up to one and say, "How you doing? Feel like dying now?" you know!" - Abraham Horowitz, priest

JohnK
e-mail: johnk100@sympatico.ca
blog: http://jkahane.livejournal.com

User avatar
MadBeard
Posts: 464
Joined: Fri May 27, 2016 4:23 pm
Location: Alvona, Croatia

Re: QuickStart

Postby MadBeard » Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:49 am

JohnK wrote:I would appreciate your getting in touch with Eric about this, and seeing if he'd give you permission to allow me to receive those files from you. :)


I'll send PM to Eric and see what can we do about it.
I'd have to be a warrior, a slave I couldn't be.
A soldier and a conqueror, fighting to be free.

"Warrior" - Wishbone Ash

User avatar
JohnK
Posts: 232
Joined: Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:26 am

Re: QuickStart

Postby JohnK » Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:47 pm

Hullo, MadBeard,

MadBeard wrote:
JohnK wrote:I would appreciate your getting in touch with Eric about this, and seeing if he'd give you permission to allow me to receive those files from you. :)


I'll send PM to Eric and see what can we do about it.


Please do, my friend. And whatever the outcome, thank you. :)
=====
"They're High Lords, for God's sake! You can't just walk up to one and say, "How you doing? Feel like dying now?" you know!" - Abraham Horowitz, priest

JohnK
e-mail: johnk100@sympatico.ca
blog: http://jkahane.livejournal.com

User avatar
MadBeard
Posts: 464
Joined: Fri May 27, 2016 4:23 pm
Location: Alvona, Croatia

Re: QuickStart

Postby MadBeard » Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:03 pm

JohnK wrote:Question for you: Did you ever do up the character sheets for the starting characters? If so, is there anywhere that you've uploaded them (Dropbox, perhaps?) that folks such as myself might snag them from?

Thanks, in advance. :)


I sent you PM. Please confirm if you got it.
I'd have to be a warrior, a slave I couldn't be.
A soldier and a conqueror, fighting to be free.

"Warrior" - Wishbone Ash

User avatar
JohnK
Posts: 232
Joined: Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:26 am

Re: QuickStart

Postby JohnK » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:48 pm

Hullo, MadBeard,

MadBeard wrote:
JohnK wrote:Question for you: Did you ever do up the character sheets for the starting characters? If so, is there anywhere that you've uploaded them (Dropbox, perhaps?) that folks such as myself might snag them from?

Thanks, in advance. :)


I sent you PM. Please confirm if you got it.


Just got the PM now. I'll respond to that there. :)
=====
"They're High Lords, for God's sake! You can't just walk up to one and say, "How you doing? Feel like dying now?" you know!" - Abraham Horowitz, priest

JohnK
e-mail: johnk100@sympatico.ca
blog: http://jkahane.livejournal.com

Eric USNA
Posts: 607
Joined: Fri May 20, 2016 1:04 am

Re: QuickStart

Postby Eric USNA » Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:25 am

I'll be posting MadBeard's work for everyone's public use soon. This week has just been "big project" week for me, so I have to finish things before I move on to the next thing. I'll let everyone know when they're available on the website.

User avatar
Trajkov
Posts: 17
Joined: Fri May 27, 2016 7:58 pm
Location: Kennewick, Washington

Re: QuickStart

Postby Trajkov » Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:13 pm

Eric USNA wrote:I'll be posting MadBeard's work for everyone's public use soon. This week has just been "big project" week for me, so I have to finish things before I move on to the next thing. I'll let everyone know when they're available on the website.

This is awesome! I've been trying to copy the sample characters over into Madbeard's character sheet myself, but I didn't get very far due to schoolwork. This will be a huge help to introducing people to TDE. I've got a bunch of people who are pretty new to P&P RPGs in general, so I like to run the first session with pregens and then once everyone is comfortable with the system allowing them more freedom.

Eric USNA
Posts: 607
Joined: Fri May 20, 2016 1:04 am

Re: QuickStart

Postby Eric USNA » Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:41 pm

Okay, I have exported and recompiled everything. I had to build a new PDF from just the images so that they couldn't be reset back to blank, so the quality is not perfect. But they should be quite usable.

http://www.ulisses-us.com/tde-sample-characters/

User avatar
MadBeard
Posts: 464
Joined: Fri May 27, 2016 4:23 pm
Location: Alvona, Croatia

Re: QuickStart

Postby MadBeard » Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:28 pm

Eric USNA wrote:Okay, I have exported and recompiled everything. I had to build a new PDF from just the images so that they couldn't be reset back to blank, so the quality is not perfect. But they should be quite usable.

http://www.ulisses-us.com/tde-sample-characters/


Eric in locked sheets I sent you, you can't reset images. You just need to upload locked pdf files

EDIT:

Yeah you uploaded wrong files (unlocked ones). Please read my PM one more time. I did everything already. Just upload locked files and character descriptions in pdfs.
And please don't merge all characters in one pdf.
I'd have to be a warrior, a slave I couldn't be.
A soldier and a conqueror, fighting to be free.

"Warrior" - Wishbone Ash

Eric USNA
Posts: 607
Joined: Fri May 20, 2016 1:04 am

Re: QuickStart

Postby Eric USNA » Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:15 pm

Clarification - the PDF is unlocked because it was built from exported page images. I did not upload form-fillable character sheets at all.

I have compiled all the characters into one PDF for ease of upload/download on the website. It's a large file, but it's better for my purposes than having 12 separate files, and it's still quite usable in this format.


Return to “Game Stories In and Out of Character (TDE)”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest