QuickStart

MadBeard

Re: QuickStart

Postby MadBeard » Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:17 am

Eric USNA wrote:Clarification - the PDF is unlocked because it was built from exported page images. I did not upload form-fillable character sheets at all.

You misunderstood me. Your exported pages are from wrong files. You exported from unlocked files, instead of locked ones. In locked files there are not reset buttons. In original fillable form (unlocked) this buttons are not visible in print. You exported pages from that files as jpgs and now this buttons are just part of one big image and are visible in print. This should not be the case.

Secondly, when exporting like jpgs you loose text OCR, you can't c/p things, you loose page quality, text is more blurred, file size increases, performance go down. So you loose everything and you gain nothing.

If you need one file with all characters in it, I can build that in one minute for you without exporting anything and loosing quality. Just let me know.
And IMO is better to have separated files (one character-one pdf file). More flexibility.
And you didn't upload character description files. This are excellent for new players and especially useful at running game at convention.
I created them for game I run at the convention and players was very impressed by that.
I'd have to be a warrior, a slave I couldn't be.
A soldier and a conqueror, fighting to be free.

"Warrior" - Wishbone Ash

Eric USNA

Postby Eric USNA » Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:05 am

Ah, I see what you mean. I think I mixed them up in my folders. Yes, if you would re-export them for me and send them to me that would be great.

As far as separate files and descriptions go - if I include all that it's going to have to be as a .zip file. I do not want to list out all those files separately on the website. Maybe I can do one combined PDF and then a second link with the .zip of everything separately.

MadBeard

Postby MadBeard » Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:19 am

Ok. I'll prepare you files for both ways and send to you. But it'll take some time. I have crappy upload speed.
I'd have to be a warrior, a slave I couldn't be.
A soldier and a conqueror, fighting to be free.

"Warrior" - Wishbone Ash

Eric USNA

Postby Eric USNA » Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:26 am

Okay, with Madbeard's better exports, I have created two options:

Sheets Only, Combined PDF
.zip File with Separate Sheets and Descriptions

Return to “Game Stories In and Out of Character (TDE)”