Hollersdonk Chronicle

Lambert

Hollersdonk Chronicle

Postby Lambert » Thu May 25, 2017 3:40 am

Hello good people from the Dark Eye forum,
Like so many German ex-pats a proper Englisch version of the game I grew up with in the 80ies and 90ies really rather excited me. I have jumped in with both feet at the various Kickstarters and written a campaign centering around a small village deep in the forest Wilderness of Nostria. Strange things have been happening and are still happening and the characters will sooner or later have more than the fate of the Village in their hands.

At the same time it is important to know that I have two small children at home and as a stay at home dad my opportunities of getting out there to game are somewhat limited (and it will take likely another year before my standing group finishes it's current campaign) and so I was looking for an online game which suited my timetable (i.e. started on the one night a week I still had available late enough that the children are in bed by the time the game begins). I couldn't see anything in English that I didn't have to start and but before long I found a German group on the Drachenzwinge (which loosely translated might be a Dragon clamp) a fine website dedicated to bringing gamers together.

The group alternates Game Mastering and so we have discovered a lost Bandit treasure, been through the Uthurian Kibakadabra (with different characters of course) and now, at my turn we find ourselves deep in the forest of Nostria.

I had my first session as an online Games Master last night and it went well enough. Sure there is a little bit of a learning curve and things like background music will improve the next session but overall it is not as hard as I thought it would be. The one thing you really need to be on top of is the prep work, but if you prep your campaign at the time you write it online then all the maps, character stats, and tokens are just a couple of clicks away.

I am still on the good game high and now need to head to the Drachenzwinge to recruit a 4th player that fits into our game. Wish me luck.

Return to “Game Stories In and Out of Character (TDE)”