what to do with abigail

Waylaynder

Re: what to do with abigail

Postby Waylaynder » Thu Sep 22, 2016 4:53 pm

Back to my best. The on the whole not the best I've ever run. But more than adequate. The zombie attack on the wagons as they crossed the damaged bridge went especially well.
Some laughs. Some great rolls of the dice and some good playing by the players made for a great game.
If I was playing d and d I would of evaded every attack. My rolls were that bad. :)
Now I have set a precedent of zombies being actually cultists in disguise I'll turn it around on them when the do meet proper indeed and demons.
no game next week as two players are on holiday.

The party found a note written by benedict. Party is split three ways. 1 thinks he was corrupted. 1 neutral. 1 he and abigail are on the level. Last player had to leave early so he doesn't know yet. So I'm looking forward to their reactions when they meet her and and see her ghost fence.

Waylaynder

Postby Waylaynder » Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:47 am

The party got to standfast last night.
In game they arrived after nightfall. To cut the prose short.
They in vain chased a figure (demon) around the church yard and the charcoal fields.
Nice atmosphere was generated. Think sleepy hollow meets 13 warrior / beowulf.
Meeting with abigail next morning. Bit tense when they saw her ghost fence. (Lifted from Bernard Cornwall''s Arthur stories). They believed her. Back to town and lifted the church wards. Finished game with them planning on how to out the cultists destroy the evil artifacts and cope with the demon attack that is inevitable after completing objectives 1&2.
Really really good game. Lots of role playing between the characters. nice to and fro between pc's and the npc''s.
Shed loads of tension and I hope a Lil bit of fear and no combat at all. Next game will be 13 warrior attacks from the zombies and demons. Proper balls to the wall stuff.

Waylaynder

Postby Waylaynder » Fri Oct 14, 2016 2:53 pm

All done.
Demons and cultists killed. Knight of Rhondra dead in a blaze of glory.
Abigail survived and went across the border to nostria.

Lambert

Postby Lambert » Thu Dec 15, 2016 4:43 pm

So what has happened since? Any update?

Bosper

Postby Bosper » Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:17 am

Waylaynder wrote: Knight of Rhondra dead in a blaze of glory.

Thats what they do best :P

Waylaynder

Postby Waylaynder » Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:46 pm

Hi sorry for late reply.
That's it for this quest until I get the almanac and bestiary. Then I'm going to have the party withe rouge pc who was offically adopted into the mercantile family he was until then pretending to be part of, head south to warmer climes and take a over a parcel of land and try and build it up.

Coincidently I started today with another group the same quest.
From the word go they knew they were being set up as bait.
Insert admiral ackbar 'it''s a trap!' here.
We finished the session. With the party introduced to all npc''s in the caravan. A nice fight within the grounds of the inn (phexian run) and the party ready to depart.
I learnt from my mistakes first time out. Remembered all my set pieces and marks and it went great.
Highlight for me is how I kept the pace up whilst giving them the option to interact with any npcs. Rather than forcing them too. Worked a treat. Relationships built in a fraction of the time it did first time out.
Thanks for asking

Lambert

Postby Lambert » Sun Dec 18, 2016 8:42 am

It's great to see how one improves with practice :)
Two thumbs up and I am glad that you are enjoying it.

I can't wait until the Almanac and the Warring Kingdom's are in my hand.

Waylaynder

Postby Waylaynder » Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:24 am

Practice mKes perfect or heading towards it.
Yeah it was shocking how much bid forgotten between the hit and miss campaign in the autumn and the game I ran a year before.

Yep can't wait for almanc too.

Return to “Game Stories In and Out of Character (TDE)”