Tell us about your game

Morgoth

Tell us about your game

Postby Morgoth » Fri Sep 01, 2017 3:09 pm

So the game has been out for some time now, what stories are you telling, as a GM or a Player?

And how are you finding the system and game compared to D&D, Pathfinder, etc?

devilaether

Re: Tell us about your game

Postby devilaether » Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:23 pm

I've started running TDE games for a group of players who are new to table top RPGs. I have previous experience playing DSA 3 and the Realms of Arkania games, but this is the first time I've acted as GM for any DSA/TDE game. I've started my group with the Quick Start, then went to "Witches' Dance". We will begin "Revelations from Heaven" next week. The players started with pre-generated characters, but have since created their own with some help. I also started using the TDE Heroes software to help with character creation. The players are fond of it as well.

I am sticking to published adventures for a bit as I get a better feel for running TDE, while at the same time my group gets a better feel with RPGs in general. My plan is to run "New Bonds and Ancient Quarrels", then hopefully branch off to my own adventures in the Warring Kingdoms or Albernia, if I get some inspiration from the "Die Siebenwindküste" PDF.

At this point we are still learning the flow of the game, but we are coming up to speed quickly. Though I am an old veteran to table top RPGs, It has been fun playing with a group where the game is very new to everyone involved. One of my players has really enjoyed the all of the options available for hero creation and the level of detail a player can achieve during the creation process. I will be curious they will view other systems in the future, after having started RPGs with TDE.

Return to “Game Stories In and Out of Character (TDE)”