Throwing Rocks!

julianwolfe

Throwing Rocks!

Postby julianwolfe » Fri May 27, 2016 2:06 pm

So in both my game of the Quickstart and in the Let's Play video, some hilariousness ensued when rocks were thrown. In both situations, the target was killed by an expertly thrown rock. Any other funny TDE rock-throwing (or weapon improvisation) stories?

Biest

Re: Throwing Rocks!

Postby Biest » Fri May 27, 2016 2:40 pm

In one of my first games one player did not make his perception roll while keeping watch, sitting at the campfire. When he was attacked by a Sumpfranze (a mean ape creature), he looked at his character sheet and saw a sausage in his rations. He decided that his character had been eating it and he would club the ape with it. Which I allowed for bonus damage. So that was one of the early creative moments I had in rpg. The player deciding to not have his weapon in hand for story purposes and then desperately clubbing the beast with a sausage till his friends where awake.

cobra

Re: Throwing Rocks!

Postby cobra » Mon Jun 06, 2016 12:47 am

Once I played a which and she has trown her copper kettle in stead of a rock to a goblin. Of course in the valley all goblins were alerted immediately and there was our sneaky plan gone ...

Return to “Game Stories In and Out of Character (TDE)”