Card Decks?

Squeakula

Card Decks?

Postby Squeakula » Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:17 pm

Are the cards in the Decks all unique or are there duplicates? As the GM and likely the only one to spring for the cards I'm wondering if one of each deck is enough for the table or if multiple copies will be needed?

Alternatively having a PDF of the cards to only print what's needed would be great too. Are there plans to make those available or are they already and I just don't see them?

HEX the Dark

Re: Card Decks?

Postby HEX the Dark » Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:50 pm

I think the cards are unique. It's not a "hand every player a card" thing, but more like cheat sheets you can pull up during the game to quickly look up a rule instead of rummaging through a book.
Never trust a smiling gamemaster

Squeakula

Postby Squeakula » Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:16 pm

Rummaging through cards is still rummaging though, I'd prefer if everyone had the cards they needed right in front of them.

If our group decides to continue with TDE and I hope we do, we'll discuss the pros and cons of cards vs extra digest copies of the rules.

GTStar

Postby GTStar » Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:48 pm

The cards are unique.

Eric USNA

Postby Eric USNA » Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:49 pm

What I do with the cards in demo sessions is that I try to sit people who share a few Advantages, Spells, or Special Abilities next to each other. Then they can place those shared cards between them.

Just because of the broad range of options, I find there's less overlap than you might think.

Squeakula

Postby Squeakula » Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:56 pm

That's a good idea, I imagine cards would be referenced less as the game progresses and players get familiar with their characters.

Outside of character creation this game is not that crunchy, at least not in the core rules.

HEX the Dark

Postby HEX the Dark » Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:18 am

Squeakula wrote:Rummaging through cards is still rummaging though, I'd prefer if everyone had the cards they needed right in front of them.

I know. Personally I don't see the advantage of the cards vs. a book, but people seem to like them.
Never trust a smiling gamemaster

Return to “Tangents and Miscellany (TDE)”