Character Sheets for Sample Characters

Kernel Class

Character Sheets for Sample Characters

Postby Kernel Class » Tue Aug 16, 2016 12:16 pm

Hello everyone,

A few months ago, I introduced my friends here in the UK to TDE (using the German books). We used the sample characters from the core rules. This worked really nicely as they didn't need to learn any rules at the beginning. Instead they just picked a character whose description and picture they liked, I gave them the corresponding character sheet and off they hurried to rescue Silvana from those pesky Pirates (she had already been waiting since the 1980s after all).

Now my question. Is there an English version of the character sheets for the sample characters? If not, could we get them please?
I really find it a great way to get new players going immediately and my current players would probably quite like to be able to understand their own sheets now.

Happy adventuring to you all.

Waylaynder

Re: Character Sheets for Sample Characters

Postby Waylaynder » Tue Aug 16, 2016 3:03 pm

Sorry mate can't help you.
Dobyoubhave a pdf of the piratesite and silvan?
Sounds intriguing

Eric USNA

Postby Eric USNA » Tue Aug 16, 2016 3:24 pm

If you're talking about the sample characters from the German Core Rules, then every single one of those characters is also in the English version. They start on p. 62 and go to p. 86.

Kernel Class

Postby Kernel Class » Tue Aug 16, 2016 3:51 pm

@Eric
Yes, sorry. I should have been more clear. On the German site, you can also download and print already filled out character sheets for those sample characters.

@Waylaynder
"Silvana's Befreiung" (Silvana's rescue) was the first adventure available when TDE came out back in the 80s and also the first one I played as a kid. Some say it's more trashy great than objectively any good from today's point of view. I couldn’t judge, because there is too much Nostalgia attached to it for me. So I ran my new group through it too.
I only have a very old, German hard copy of the adventure that I got as part of my old beginners box. I don't think it's ever been translated.

Eric USNA

Postby Eric USNA » Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:27 pm

Oh interesting. I may be able to start working on that as a side project. Right now I am deep in edits and Kickstarter prep for the Aventuria Card Game, but maybe I can do that when I have a chance. Or maybe we might be working on a form-fillable character sheet that I can pass on to you guys who can do it for me... ;)

HEX the Dark

Postby HEX the Dark » Wed Aug 17, 2016 3:39 am

There are some form-filablae and self calculating char sheets to download in german on the site of the core rules on the ulisses shop. http://www.ulisses-spiele.de/produkte/1 ... hardcover/
Anyway, if you get there I'd be glad to help translating.
Never trust a smiling gamemaster

Kernel Class

Postby Kernel Class » Wed Aug 17, 2016 5:55 am

A form-fillable character sheet would be great anyway, so that's probably the way to go. As Hex says, there is already a German one. I haven't used it yet, so I don't know how well it works. Good luck with the card game kickstarter.

Waylaynder

Postby Waylaynder » Wed Aug 17, 2016 7:05 am

Hi Kernel
not to worry.
and class means nothing. If the the players enjoy it? it's a good game. Although I understand what you mean.

maxmcgloin

Postby maxmcgloin » Fri Feb 03, 2017 5:57 am

I think it would be very helpful if someone with the technical and language skills could translate this fantastic character sheet into English. That sort of support can really give a boost to a game's adoption.

http://www.ulisses-spiele.de/produkte/1 ... hardcover/

Thanks
Live in Concord, CA

Eric USNA

Postby Eric USNA » Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:16 pm

The character sheet from the Core Rules is on our downloads page here:
http://www.ulisses-us.com/downloads/

You can purchase full-color and form-fillable character sheets here:
http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/187 ... heets-Pack

That second product is also available in print, and the print version includes some extra goodies.

Return to “Tangents and Miscellany (TDE)”