What brought you to Aventuria?

HEX the Dark

What brought you to Aventuria?

Postby HEX the Dark » Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:59 am

The heavenly wolves with you!

I would like to know what brought you to Aventuria or rather, TDE. Especially our new, english speaking friends. Many of you have written something like that in their introduction-posts, but I would like to know again, a little more collected.

I don't necessarily mean what fascinates you. I mean the actual story where you had your first contact with the game, what made you look at it and what got you to buy your first book. Of course, not limited to that, but I guess you know what I mean.
Never trust a smiling gamemaster

Morgoth

Re: What brought you to Aventuria?

Postby Morgoth » Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:20 am

The Realms of Arkania series, most specifically Star Trail (part 2 of RoA). Its still the best pc rpg of all time in my mind.

Morgoth Feuerklinge

Postby Morgoth Feuerklinge » Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:57 am

I'm a German player, but I'll write it anyway. I started with TDE Pen & Paper in 1998 when a classmate at the time told me about it. He already had a group for several years and once he invited me to play with them. I was on fire immediately. Before I got to know TDE, I loved to read fantasy literature like Dragonlance or Magic the Gathering. With the Pen & Paper I also started to read the novels and to play the video games of TDE. Unfortunately there are far too few video games out there.

At the beginning I only played from time to time, my first hero was a half-elf named Tanis, until some time later I joined a group. I've been playing this great game ever since, except for a break that lasted a few months. Since 2000, however, only as a game leader.
Please excuse my bad English, I'm a beginner.

TDE since: 1998
Current TDE rule set: 4.1
Played adventures: 55

MadBeard

Postby MadBeard » Thu May 10, 2018 7:08 am

For me, it was Drakensang: The Dark Eye game. After that, I absorb everything I could find about TDE in english language :D
I'd have to be a warrior, a slave I couldn't be.
A soldier and a conqueror, fighting to be free.

"Warrior" - Wishbone Ash

Return to “Tangents and Miscellany (TDE)”