Magic I - Kickstarter

Robert Cousland

Re: Magic I - Kickstarter

Postby Robert Cousland » Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:08 pm

On my honor, there are things happening. News will be shared soon, rather than later, and I believe that the end results product wise should please a lot of fans. I beg you to keep the faith a little while longer. Continue to enjoy the books we have, share them with friends while you search for new players. Also, please talk about the books, adventures, and other German product you want to have in English. People are listening to you even if you aren't aware of it yet. The English speaking Dark Eye players/fans have an ambassador who will champion their cause to the powers that be. I know for a fact that that person is one of your own. I really wish I could say more and honestly, I have probably said way too much. Please keep the faith. Reach out to German players on Facebook or anywhere else you might find them. Use Bing or Google to translate English to German and certainly the reverse. Don't let this bump in the road sour your love of the game.
In War, Victory. In Peace, Vigilance. In Death, Sacrifice.

Brooding Paladin

Postby Brooding Paladin » Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:47 pm

I'm an avid follower of #dasschwarzeauge on Instagram and every time I see something awesome (read: anything I don't already have) I post my whinge about hoping it'll be in English soon. ;) I'll keep it up!

Dany40

Postby Dany40 » Tue Feb 26, 2019 12:13 pm

I'm a french GM .... And french traductions are more late than the english one :)

I translate english to french ... But also german to french (thanks Deepl translator) for Magic and God 1.

The material is fantastic .... What a chance you have, Warring Kingdoms in your language (very good setting) ....

Keep the Faith ... The most important is to have Magic and God 1, with that you are fully equiped for Dark Eye roleplaying :)

Denshi

Postby Denshi » Tue Feb 26, 2019 1:04 pm

I'm a German player and—as such—want to repeat what Robert said about us willing to help wherever we can. Feel free to drop us any question you might have. We'll try our best to answer them.
Also, let us know what you think about the books and the adventures you've had. I'm curious about how Americans (and other non-Germans) perceive this world we've grown so accustomed to.

And yes, Magic 1 and Gods 1 are the major books to have after the core rules, almanac and compendium. Most books after that only delve deeper into the rich lore of Aventuria and beyond. ;)

Dany40

Postby Dany40 » Tue Feb 26, 2019 4:58 pm

@Denshi

I could have so many questions .... The focus rules of Magic1 and God1 for example.

About TDE world .... My first perception was nostalgia. Dark Eye was my first RPG at the beginning of the 90's.... The 1st edition :D

But my recent return on Aventuria was first of all a matter of system. I love this rules !!

Then, of course, I love the realistic fantasy of this world ....

Brooding Paladin

Postby Brooding Paladin » Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:48 pm

Hey, Denshi, any chance that Magic 1 book goes into more detail about Druids? Or do they fit more into the Gods 1? I think I have a player interested in playing a Druid and would love to know more about them. Thanks!

Thrar

Postby Thrar » Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:19 am

Not sure about what will be in Magic I, but the existing supplement Warring Kingdoms introduces druids at a similar level of depth as the core rules introduce mages and witches.

bluedragon7

Postby bluedragon7 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:32 am

Druids are in Warring Kingdoms and Aventurian Magic III, somewhat more detailed in Magic III, but playable just with the information in Warring Kingdoms

Edit missed two I’s there ;-)
Last edited by bluedragon7 on Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Denshi

Postby Denshi » Thu Feb 28, 2019 5:59 am

Actually, druids are featured prominently in AM3 (Aventurian Magic III) not AM2 (though AM2 has useful things like rules for ley lines). AM3 was only just released in Germany.
“Aventurian Gods I” only features the Twelvegods and some related demigods. AG2 will have shamans and similiar, but isn't even out in Germany. Druids will not be in any Gods book because Sumu doesn't grant karmic energy.
For more information about druids/sumes, your main source is the Warring Kingdoms book, but IIRC there's a bit (though not much) about them in the “Hero’s Breviary of the Warring Kingdoms”.

To summarize:
For druid players, Warring Kingdoms has the Druid profession, tradition, background info, special abilities and more, including:
  • 3-7 new cantrips
  • New spells and rituals in foreign traditions (You can learn max 2 of those at creation, but they suffer a penalty)
  • 12 new spells available in Tradition (Druid). German names: Atemnot, Dunkelheit, Exposami, Große Verwirrung, Herr über das Tierreich, Klarum Purum, Memorans, Pestilenz erspüren, Sensibar, Sumus Elixiere, Zunge betäuben, Zwingtanz
  • 2 new Rituals (Caldofrigo, Nihilogravo) of which 1 (Caldofrigo) is available in the druidic tradition.
For druid players AM1 has:
  • A few new cantrips (23, but most won't fit a druid)
  • New spells and rituals in foreign traditions (You can learn max 2 of those at creation, but they suffer a penalty)
  • 23 new spells available in Tradition (Druid) plus 5 already in Warring Kingdoms (marked with a *), so 28 total. German names: Adlerschwinge, Aeolito, Fischflosse, Heptagramma, Klarum Purum*, Oculus Astralis, Sensibar*, Wolfstatze, Abvenenum, Alpgestalt, Archfaxius, Archphaero, Attributo (Klugheit), Band und Fessel, Dunkelheit*, Einflussbann, Elementarbann, Einnerung verlasse dich, Exposami*, Hellsichtbann, Hexagramma, Imperavi, Kusch, Memorans*, Orcanofaxius, Orcanophaero, Plubumbarum, Schwarzer Schrecken
  • 5 new rituals in Tradition (Druid). German names: Wirbelform, Accuratum, Caldofrigo*, Sturmgebrüll, Magischer Raub, Memorabia Falsifir.
  • New special abilities for all magic users.
No responsibility is taken for the correctness of this information.

Dany40 wrote:I could have so many questions .... The focus rules of Magic1 and God1 for example.
Sure, just ask them. Preferably in a new topic if they're not about Magic1.

Dany40

Postby Dany40 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 5:20 pm

One question about Magic 1.

What is the real impact of the focus rules for the Guild Mages raw power ?

Return to “Tangents and Miscellany (TDE)”