A fool idea : Dragonlance adaptation with TDE rules

Dany40

Re: A fool idea : Dragonlance adaptation with TDE rules

Postby Dany40 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:06 am

Morgoth wrote:
Dany40 wrote:Processing step by step for my idea ... I have done the adaptation of the Dragonlance Moon magic...
My problem is about ... dragons. The TDE Dragons are very specific, not similar with Dragonlance dragons.

They have great physical power (the big ones) but the breath weapon is very weak.
I know that area attacks are considerated very very powerful in TDE ... so I think to use the TDE fireball equivalent (IGNISPHAERO) as a rules reference...

Do you think it make sense ??

The dragon in Tales of Emperors & Thieves (Ishilnur) has a pretty powerful breath weapon, does 2d6+18 pts of damage to 3 people at a time and can be used 10 times per day. Considering Experienced PCs start out at roughly 26-30 LPs, and they are a cut above the majority of the mundane populace, the breath weapon is pretty much insta kill against most people if it hits.

But dragons also have access to Tradition Dragon so yeah you could give them Ignasphero.

Speaking of which I really did not like this about TDE dragons, at least the one in Tales of E&T; that it could cast the same spells as PCs. I would much prefer that dragons either not have any spellcasting, or have their own unique spells that only dragons can cast (and they in turn can never use magic humans and elves and wield)

Ahhh ok I will look at this adventure...

For Ignasphero my idea is not to make the Dragon cast this spell.... I just want to use this spell specific rules as an inspiration for an area of effect breath weapon rules.

Denshi

Postby Denshi » Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:54 pm

If you want more inspiration, though I do not have that adventure, I guess I can add some info from the TDE starter box (not yet available in English) The Secret of the Dragon Knight⁎ which contains another dragon.

Spoiler because of spoilers. ;)
► Show Spoiler

There should also be dragons in the bestiaries (of which IIRC only the first one is translated yet). And there's the west wind dragon⁎ in the Albernia regional expansion(which should be the next regional expansion to be translated).

(Terms marked with a ⁎ are ad-hoc translations by me. Official translations will vary.)

Dany40

Postby Dany40 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:44 pm

@Denshi

Thanks !!!

Return to “Tangents and Miscellany (TDE)”