PDF Error Collection Thread

Lanir

Re: PDF Error Collection Thread

Postby Lanir » Tue Jul 05, 2016 7:23 am

Missed the cut-off for the print version of the core rulebook because I hadn't heard about the forum by that point but here goes...

page 227: Under Combat Technique Value 'is' looks like an extra word - "Every weapon is has an associated combat technique"
page 229: Bullet points for long action say you can choose to roll defense after attack is rolled but example implies the character has to decide before she knows if she'll be hit.

Edit: Adding onto this until someone else posts rather than make multiple posts. Talking to yourself is bad, even if you're mostly right while you're doing it. :lol:

page 40: in table elves get +1 INI instead of +1 INT as in chapter 4

Eric USNA

Postby Eric USNA » Sat Jul 09, 2016 6:39 am

I've already heard of a couple of typos in the Character Sheets (the attributes for Gaukelei being wrong and Magical Lore going missing). Please post here if you notice anything else in any of the things you've received recently.

Lanir

Postby Lanir » Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:03 am

On the character sheet I think the parry box for fencing weapons that's crossed out is supposed to be swapped with crossbows, which has a spot for entering a parry rating.

MadBeard

Postby MadBeard » Sat Jul 16, 2016 11:55 am

I don't know if the following is an error in book or maybe oversight or something.
On page 367 stats for quarterstaff are:
Quarterstaff (2H), 1D6+2, AGI/STR, 15, 0/+2, long, 2 pounds, 60 inches, 40 silverthalers
and for two-lilies:
Two-lilies (2H), 1D6+4, AGI/STR, 15, 0/+2, medium, 4 pounds, 60 inches, 200 silverthalers

How can quarterstaff have a long reach and two-lilies medium when basically they are almost identical weapons, have identical lenght and they are used in almost same way?
The burghers of the Horasian Empire often use two-lilies instead of quarterstaves. A two-lilies is a staff with a spear blade on both ends.
I'd have to be a warrior, a slave I couldn't be.
A soldier and a conqueror, fighting to be free.

"Warrior" - Wishbone Ash

Eric USNA

Postby Eric USNA » Sat Jul 16, 2016 4:41 pm

While I don't know for sure if this is the intended reason, I do know enough about staff fighting to tell you that a handle with spearpoints on both ends is probably wielded differently from a traditional quarterstaff. The quarterstaff is held at the back end, very close to the butt end. However, if you are expecting to attack with both ends, you are probably holding it closer to the middle, wielding it like a pugil staff or bo staff.

This difference in grip would absolutely account for the difference in range. For a comparison, check out this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gazqRUohG8s

Flash

Postby Flash » Sun Jul 17, 2016 8:24 am

I think I found something for the Core Book errata:

The example of page 233 misses a sentence in the example from the German book that makes the example confusing:

After the sentence "Arbosh’s player decides to use the shield to parry actively." there need to be the following from the German book:
"He has a Parry of 8 in the combat technique Shields."

Lorgan

Postby Lorgan » Sun Jul 17, 2016 9:24 am

I'm not sure if it was mentioned before, but some profession packages have duplicated names in their respective tables (i.e. guard on p. 132, healer p. 133). Also, it would be great if you could add the missing prostitute profession to the English version.

TeichDragon

Postby TeichDragon » Thu Jul 21, 2016 5:00 pm

Hires-Map:

Are you sure the area south of Selem is called "Selem Sound"?
Looks like a typo to to me and should have been "Selem Ground".

Eric USNA

Postby Eric USNA » Thu Jul 21, 2016 5:15 pm

Sound is definitely the correct term for a body of water like that. I don't know about the translation, but it makes sense geographically. There is also the Maraskan Sound off the east coast.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sound_(geography)

-Eric

TeichDragon

Postby TeichDragon » Sat Jul 23, 2016 4:22 pm

Yeah,

i stand corrected.
Didn't knew that english word actually, and that it's more "oldisch" version.
I looked it up on dict.cc but neiter translation there worked.

My fault. :)

Return to “Tangents and Miscellany (TDE)”