PDF Error Collection Thread

GTStar

Re: PDF Error Collection Thread

Postby GTStar » Mon Aug 22, 2016 6:09 pm

MadBeard wrote:
Eye colors of humans (page 90)
Tulamydes: black (1-4), dark brown (5-12), brown (13-16), green (17-18), MISSING 19, blue (20)

They mixed two entries:
grey (17-18), green (19)

MadBeard

Postby MadBeard » Tue Aug 23, 2016 3:46 am

Thanks GTStar. You've earned that water :D
But I'm still shocked that someone from Germany don't drink beer :shock:
:mrgreen:
I'd have to be a warrior, a slave I couldn't be.
A soldier and a conqueror, fighting to be free.

"Warrior" - Wishbone Ash

Kernel Class

Postby Kernel Class » Tue Aug 23, 2016 7:02 am

I found a handful of mistakes in the character sheets:

Skills page:
- "Orienting" should be "Orienteering" (unless one of my players was right and this really is about the careful and correct placing of cutlery on a table).
- "Magical Lore" is missing.

Combat page:
In the top left "Combat technique" box, there are crosses in some of the boxes of the "PA" (parry) column to indicate that it is not possible to parry with the corresponding weapon type. However, the crosses are in the wrong boxes. (The order of the weapons is alphabetical, so it's different from the German to the English, but the crosses were not moved accordingly).

MadBeard

Postby MadBeard » Tue Aug 23, 2016 7:39 am

Eric can you please tell us that this mistakes/typos are already reported to Ulisses and if it's already been corrected.
It would be really a shame that we receive physical version of character sheets with mistakes. Especially when this mistakes have been already reported about month ago.

"Warrior" - Wishbone Ash

Eric USNA

Postby Eric USNA » Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:41 am

Hi Madbeard,

Unfortunately, most of the character sheet corrections happened after the printing. I am gathering these for updates to PDFs and future printings, but it was only through my extra efforts that we were able gather errors for the Core Rules before that printing happened. Everything else went pretty much simultaneously to DriveThru and to the printer.

And just as a note - PDF updates are probably going to wait until after we get the EU shipments going. I am trying to keep all the messages I send focused on fulfilling before I ask them to worry about anything else.

-Eric

Lambert

Postby Lambert » Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:45 am

Eric USNA wrote:PDF updates are probably going to wait until after we get the EU shipments going. I am trying to keep all the messages I send focused on fulfilling before I ask them to worry about anything else.

-Eric

Are there further problems requiring more messages? I thought the missing die was en route (or had arrived) and "all" that was left was adding the dice and posting the lots.

Flash

Postby Flash » Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:10 pm

Lambert wrote:Are there further problems requiring more messages? I thought the missing die was en route (or had arrived) and "all" that was left was adding the dice and posting the lots.

My guess would be that with more them a thousand packages there will be a few cases were stuff goes just flat out goes wrong. Packages not arriving, or arriving damaged, stuff missing and so on. To sort that stuff out will probable eat some valuable time.

MadBeard

Postby MadBeard » Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:10 pm

Eric USNA wrote:Hi Madbeard,

Unfortunately, most of the character sheet corrections happened after the printing. I am gathering these for updates to PDFs and future printings, but it was only through my extra efforts that we were able gather errors for the Core Rules before that printing happened. Everything else went pretty much simultaneously to DriveThru and to the printer.

And just as a note - PDF updates are probably going to wait until after we get the EU shipments going. I am trying to keep all the messages I send focused on fulfilling before I ask them to worry about anything else.

-Eric

Eric thanks for a quick answer.
Shame that we'll get "flawed" sheets. But at least we are gathering all this typos and hope that Ulisses will correct them eventually ;)
I'll take a liberty to offer one advice. Maybe Ulisses should "release" beta versions of some releases to German players (or now also english ones) so they can help proof text to avoid this kind of things. Especially it's a shame when this happen with character sheet which is very easy to check.
I would be happy to offer my help.

"Warrior" - Wishbone Ash

Bosper

Postby Bosper » Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:18 am

MadBeard wrote:
Eric USNA wrote:Hi Madbeard,

-Eric

Eric thanks for a quick answer.
Shame that we'll get "flawed" sheets. But at least we are gathering all this typos and hope that Ulisses will correct them eventually ;)
I'll take a liberty to offer one advice. Maybe Ulisses should "release" beta versions of some releases to German players (or now also english ones) so they can help proof text to avoid this kind of things. Especially it's a shame when this happen with character sheet which is very easy to check.
I would be happy to offer my help.

On this note it would be great if we could have access to the glossary used in translation. I am very happy to help with any question on this message board, but not happy enough to buy an english copy just for this, so access to the translated terms of the game would make things way easier.

HEX the Dark

Postby HEX the Dark » Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:46 am

I agree, but I also like making up translations on the fly. :P Or we could start one of our own...
Never trust a smiling gamemaster

Return to “Tangents and Miscellany (TDE)”