Character Sheet with Adventure Points Calculator

Thrar

Postby Thrar » Sat Dec 17, 2016 2:38 am

I have translated a German character sheet that automatically calculates AP spent to help with character creation:

(Dropbox download)

All skills, spells and abilities from the currently released source books are available.

How to use:
  1. Open in Microsoft Excel 2013 or newer. Older versions or other software may work as well; your mileage may vary.
  2. Save as... with the name of your character (recommended).
  3. Enter your character attributes on the first page at the top.
  4. Fill in the orange fields by clicking on the field and selecting a value from the dropdown list.
  5. Decide whether to tick "Use Culture Package". If you do, the sheet will pre-fill the skill values from the culture you selected and deduct the AP cost. If you don't, you start with a blank skill list and no AP spent on culture.
  6. Fill in the fields shaded in light grey. Clicking on each field will bring up a dropdown to choose from. Note that some advantages/disadvantages are grouped (e.g. "bad habits"), in that case you will find the group rather than the individual choices in the dropdown.
  7. On the second page under skills, fill in only the base column. The other columns are calculated automatically. If you chose "Use Culture Package" you will see the culture skills appear here.
  8. At the bottom, select your languages and scripts. Your mother tongue will be pre-filled for you based on your selection on the first page.
  9. Fill in the CSR for your combat skills and select combat special abilities. Some combat skills allow you to choose the primary attribute; click on the orange boxes to select one from the dropdown.
  10. In spells and liturgies, first select your tradition at the top. Then select your spells/blessings/rituals from the lists and enter your skill value under SR.
You can jump back and forth at any time to make changes and see how it affects the outcome.

The sheets are protected to make sure only fields that should be edited are editable. If Excel is asking you for a password, chances are you're trying to edit a field that's not meant to be changed because it contains a calculated value. Instead, try to look for other fields that affect the one you were looking at originally.

Please do let me know your feedback, whether anything is missing, not working properly or could be improved otherwise!

German original by Etilia von Ehrwald

MadBeard

Re: Character Sheet with Adventure Points Calculator

Postby MadBeard » Sat Dec 17, 2016 11:46 am

Thanks Thrar. I'll try it these days.
I'd have to be a warrior, a slave I couldn't be.
A soldier and a conqueror, fighting to be free.

"Warrior" - Wishbone Ash

MadBeard

Postby MadBeard » Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:52 pm

Thrar I think I found one error.
I'm trying to create wood elven wyldrunner and when I select Elf for specie instead of costing me 18 AP, cost is -12 AP. Yeah negative score, like a disadvantage. For other races calculation is ok.
Btw I have Excel 2010 if that means something.

EDIT:

OK. nevermind. I just realized that automatic advantages for elf (spellcaster and two-voice singing) wasn't automatically added to the list.
Together they cost 30 AP. 30-12 = 18 AP. So everything is fine.
I'd have to be a warrior, a slave I couldn't be.
A soldier and a conqueror, fighting to be free.

"Warrior" - Wishbone Ash

pu6elist

Postby pu6elist » Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:11 am

On the Spells tab, there is no "drop-down" button on the spells, curses and elf-songs entries. The entries are there, just the button is missing so those need to be typed out without any spelling mistakes or it would give errors.

Thrar

Postby Thrar » Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:50 pm

Thank you, I haven't heard of that before. Does it not look like the below?

spells-dropdown.jpg
spells-dropdown.jpg (12.31 KiB) Viewed 4122 times

May I know what version of Excel and what OS (Windows/Mac) you're using?

AaronD

Postby AaronD » Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:50 pm

Hi Thrar,

I am also missing the drop down menus for spells. The liturgies work just fine. Also, there's a strange bug; when I click on the liturgies to bring up a drop down menu, and then move back to the spells worksheet (the liturgy drop down menu is still 'active'), I can access a drop down menu in the spells worksheet as it seems intended...BUT the drop down menu has a list of 'Elf songs, Magical Signs, Magical Special Abilities, Spells, Staff Enchantments/Familiars and Witch Curses'.

I am using LibreOffice 5.0.4.2, with Windows 10.

Return to “Tangents and Miscellany (TDE)”