Upcoming Books

Morgoth

Upcoming Books

Postby Morgoth » Sun Jun 19, 2016 11:44 am

Can anyone, Germans for instance, detail what is in the upcoming books?

Revelations of Heaven: A big adventure. What is it about and which starting character type is it for? (Experienced Characters I bet)

Vampire solo adventure: This is apparently a solo adventure, like a gamebook. Any detail on this? Can you cast spells or do you only play a warrior?

Almanac: This will have setting info, but will it have any rules crunch?

Bestiary: Approx how many creatures, and what kind? Will it have the Water Dragon (one of my most memorable fights in Shadows over Riva, i the sewers :D ) Will there be any rules to make human NPC enemies, like Bandits and the like?

Starless Sky: Another adventure, what is it about?

Thanks!

Flash

Re: Upcoming Books

Postby Flash » Sun Jun 19, 2016 1:54 pm

Morgoth wrote:Almanac: This will have setting info, but will it have any rules crunch?

That is the only one on your list that I own. I am reading it at the moment so I can give it a shot. It is the general setting book. A must buy book if you want to play in Aventuria. It has a lot of setting stuff and I very much liked how beefy the Culture and Science chapter is. A lot of settings don't do this stuff so detailed.

For the rules part: There are quite a number of diseases, some poisons and alchemical tinctures in it. Then there are thirteen very common monsters in it, a bunch of medical herbs and a small number of magical items.

The crunch to setting info rate is rather low. So the book might also be interesting to people that want to play in Aventuria with other rule systems.

GTStar

Postby GTStar » Sun Jun 19, 2016 6:42 pm

Morgoth wrote:Can anyone, Germans for instance, detail what is in the upcoming books?

Revelations of Heaven: A big adventure. What is it about and which starting character type is it for? (Experienced Characters I bet)

Vampire solo adventure: This is apparently a solo adventure, like a gamebook. Any detail on this? Can you cast spells or do you only play a warrior?

Almanac: This will have setting info, but will it have any rules crunch?

Bestiary: Approx how many creatures, and what kind? Will it have the Water Dragon (one of my most memorable fights in Shadows over Riva, i the sewers :D ) Will there be any rules to make human NPC enemies, like Bandits and the like?

Starless Sky: Another adventure, what is it about?

Thanks!

Just short (because bed is calling):

Revelations of Heaven: It is for normal "experienced" characters i.g. new generated characters.

Vampire solo adventure: You play a rogue from Havena.

Almanac: as said

Bestiary: 40 monsters and two dozens of animals. Also some focus rules (for hunters e.g.).

Starless Sky: It's an novel about the falling stars.

twincast

Postby twincast » Sun Jun 19, 2016 10:06 pm

GTStar wrote:Vampire solo adventure: You play a rogue from Havena.

Two things to note:

You can also use any other non-magical, non-blessed character as long as you are okay with the story making very definitive statements about large swaths of your background (local street orphan with lofty dreams). (Then again, it doesn't fit Carolan's established backstory, either. :lol:)

The Vampire of Havena is an introduction to both the concept of solitaire adventures (i.e. gamebooks with RPG mechanics) and the first-ever city described in TDE, and as such does its job rather well (and is very atmospheric), but it is heavily railroaded, even for a solitaire adventure. :roll:

GTStar wrote:Starless Sky: It's an novel about the falling stars.

An anthology, actually.

DreadDomain

Postby DreadDomain » Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:07 am

By the way, do we have an indication when the PDFs from the kickstarter will be released.

Second question, I bought the card sets during the kickstaters, are the PDFs included. It doesn't indicate it in Backerkit.

james

Postby james » Mon Jun 27, 2016 4:23 pm

DreadDomain wrote:Second question, I bought the card sets during the kickstaters, are the PDFs included. It doesn't indicate it in Backerkit.

No, they are not included. You had to add the $20 add-on to get the PDFs of the Cards regardless of having the Cards Physically or the All The PDF add-on. I've received my card PDFs already (I chose to add on the $20 cost through BackerIt).

Eric USNA

Postby Eric USNA » Mon Jun 27, 2016 9:31 pm

I just want you folks to know that I am checking in regularly to see when those PDFs will be entered into DTRPG so I can do some more fulfillment. Whenever I have more information, I will let you know, I promise.

I appreciate everyone's patience, and I want you to know that I am just as eager to get them to you as you are to see them. :)

-Eric

Prometheus

Postby Prometheus » Tue Jun 28, 2016 3:30 am

Good to hear Eric inpatients is an obvious sign of how eager and enthusiastic people are over the Dark Eye rpg
I know i am fantastic job

Eric USNA

Postby Eric USNA » Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:22 pm

So what I can say is that there should be several things coming your way this week. It looks like at least a couple of adventures and some of the heralds. I hear word that some of them may be posted as early as tomorrow, assuming no other problems (which is always a tricky thing to assume). Exact timing is a challenge when the process takes things through several people on two continents. I will also say that we expect that process to be more and more streamlined in the coming months. Logistics are always hardest when you're just getting started, and even though Ulisses Spiele has been around for decades, it is basically brand new in North America.

-Eric

julianwolfe

Postby julianwolfe » Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:52 am

Wait'n, fidgeting in my seat!

Return to “Tangents and Miscellany (TDE)”