Optolith Character Generator

Dany40

Re: Optolith Character Generator

Postby Dany40 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:34 pm

Elytherion wrote:Thanks! :)

If the French community gets a Scriptorium there will definitely be a French version, too. I just do not want to split the app; having one version for French and a second for every other language (at least German, English and Dutch). And having one app has the nice benefit of being able to edit a char in one language, switch the language in the app, and everything would be just fine in the other language (although there are a very few differences between Engllish and German/Dutch that are not handled currently) as well as not having to take care of two versions. I could probably already translate the UI (well, I don't, because I can't speak French, but someone who can and has the books), because the UI has no protected terms. There is only the question, how useful this would be...

Ely

I'm going to quote you on the french forum to alert our french translators :)

Elytherion

Postby Elytherion » Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:42 pm

I 've been already in touch with one of the translation team for the French version (see https://github.com/Elytherion/tdeheroes/issues/69 ; there's also more info on that topic). It makes a lot of sense that they are only going to translate it if we can ensure there are no issues with the result (in terms of making it publicly available), because they probably like to spend their time on new publications otherwise. ^^ ;) But if there is anyone from the French community who would like to help with the translation of the UI (TDE-specific terms must be ensured, though), we could already do that and put in the (German/English) Scriptorium, if you like.

Dany40

Postby Dany40 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:59 pm

Elytherion wrote:I 've been already in touch with one of the translation team for the French version (see https://github.com/Elytherion/tdeheroes/issues/69 ; there's also more info on that topic). It makes a lot of sense that they are only going to translate it if we can ensure there are no issues with the result (in terms of making it publicly available), because they probably like to spend their time on new publications otherwise. ^^ ;) But if there is anyone from the French community who would like to help with the translation of the UI (TDE-specific terms must be ensured, though), we could already do that and put in the (German/English) Scriptorium, if you like.

What is exactly the IU ??

Elytherion

Postby Elytherion » Sat Mar 23, 2019 1:28 pm

The User Interface. So the Tab names, alerts, button labels, etc. That does not include skill names and skill descriptions as they are from the TDE Game Reference and thus licensed.

Dany40

Postby Dany40 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:35 pm

Elytherion wrote:The User Interface. So the Tab names, alerts, button labels, etc. That does not include skill names and skill descriptions as they are from the TDE Game Reference and thus licensed.

If you want ... give me a list of the terms you want to translate and I will do the french translation

Schlake

Postby Schlake » Mon May 20, 2019 1:59 am

I was notified of an update, and got this:

An error occured during auto-update. ({"code":2,"domain":"SQRLUpdaterErrorDomain"})

Macos 10.13.6. Not sure what else might be relevant.
--Schlake

Elytherion

Postby Elytherion » Mon May 20, 2019 4:19 am

Hi! :)

Are you running v1.0.3?

If not, please update to 1.0.3 (you need to download that from the Scriptorium manually) and check if the error still exists.

If you are running 1.0.3, I’ll need to check if there are any updates available for the software I use for dealing with updates.

Schlake

Postby Schlake » Mon May 20, 2019 2:16 pm

That was the error when it tried to update to 1.0.3. I manually reinstalled from the dtrpg page and now it is working but I'm sad the new material isn't in it yet. :)
--Schlake

Elytherion

Postby Elytherion » Mon May 20, 2019 3:29 pm

Okay. 1.0.3 should fix the issue for upcoming versions, but, if you still experience this issue, feel free to tell me! ;)

Regarding new material: Sadly, I'm still working on reworking the app. But: The actual rework is done, it's now time to fix all issues. Once the 1.1 is ready, I'll take care of all material that has been released so far! :)

Schlake

Postby Schlake » Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:39 pm

Two things.

One, after fixing it I now have two programs installed with very similar names. It is presumably safe to delete one of them, correct?

Two, shouldn't I be able to purchase rich-X? It seems to limit me to rich-V.
--Schlake

Return to “Tangents and Miscellany (TDE)”