Kickstarter Thoughts

Eric USNA

Kickstarter Thoughts

Postby Eric USNA » Thu Sep 01, 2016 3:55 pm

We're not quite ready to announce our official Kickstarter date for the Aventuria card game, but I can share that I've spent the last month planning out and designing some new stuff for the stretch goals. I have had a blast coming up with new cards. :)

And I really hope we get far enough in the campaign to bring out this bad boy:

HeshthotSmall.jpg
HeshthotSmall.jpg (25.98 KiB) Viewed 6654 times

Flash

Re: Kickstarter Thoughts

Postby Flash » Thu Sep 01, 2016 4:34 pm

I know exactly in what old adventure three of those shits showed up for the first time. There were sharks and Piranhas involved as well.... :lol:

As the Card game reuses old TDE 1E adventures I think I could do an educated guess at the stretch goal but I don't want to spoiler.

Eric USNA

Postby Eric USNA » Thu Sep 01, 2016 5:05 pm

Hehe. Nailed it. And don't worry - that adventure is already guaranteed. It's in the second expansion.

But although those three are included in the adventure, they're not separated out as individual creatures. I wanted to give the opportunity to throw one into a combat more directly and seriously mess up your day. :)

Just have to get high enough in our stretch goals...

Lambert

Postby Lambert » Thu Sep 01, 2016 6:30 pm

Well, I would suggest a T-shirt add on. Everybody loves a good T shirt, and it's free advertising, better than free as people actually pay you for the privilege.

I hadn't heard about the ship of the lost souls being an expansion. I thought the second expansion was going to be the 7 magic cups.

Anyway, this time I would recommend to not give out dates for anything until you are 100% certain, because I can't be asked listening to more people complain about the quickest roleplay Kickstarter I have been a part of.

I am looking forward to my group freeing Sylvana.

All the best.

Eric USNA

Postby Eric USNA » Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:14 pm

Lambert, you are anticipating a number of things that we're already thinking about. ;)

But yes, in terms of expansions, the first two are Forest of No Return and Ship of Lost Souls, both of which will be part of the KS. 7 Magic Cups I believe is the one coming after that, but it's still in development in German.

MadBeard

Postby MadBeard » Fri Sep 02, 2016 5:14 am

Lambert wrote:Anyway, this time I would recommend to not give out dates for anything until you are 100% certain, because I can't be asked listening to more people complain about the quickest roleplay Kickstarter I have been a part of.
All the best.

I second that. Well, you got my attention for this card game and I don't really like card games.
As I have no knowledge about this card game and card games in general, only suggestion that I can offer is that you (Ulisses) should better communicate between German and US department and be careful what you should announce to public. Because people are... well, people :D
Last edited by MadBeard on Fri Sep 02, 2016 7:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'd have to be a warrior, a slave I couldn't be.
A soldier and a conqueror, fighting to be free.

"Warrior" - Wishbone Ash

Lambert

Postby Lambert » Fri Sep 02, 2016 5:27 am

A few thoughts about the game.

Is there a chance that the game inside might be different from the German box insert? For example an inlay where the the health point markers have their space and the different decks have a place to live.

Maybe even a revised rulebook which allows you to have the rules for the Adventure mode complete without the need to refer to the duel mode for people like me who do not care about the duel mode.

jeremypowell

Postby jeremypowell » Fri Sep 02, 2016 9:14 pm

As for me, I'm extremely excited about this game now that I know it will be a way of re-telling quests from Aventuria's past. The history of the game world is one of the best things about TDE!

twincast

Postby twincast » Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:36 am

Lambert wrote:Is there a chance that the game inside might be different from the German box insert? For example an inlay where the the health point markers have their space and the different decks have a place to live.

Maybe even a revised rulebook which allows you to have the rules for the Adventure mode complete without the need to refer to the duel mode for people like me who do not care about the duel mode.

I don't really see how the health point wheels could have their "own space" without a - rather superfluous - (second) plastic tray on top of the proposed place for the decks to live. As for the latter, it definitely does annoy me that few (particularly geeky-esque) games get proper inlays, but the free cardboard deckboxes that come with Dragon Shield card sleeves solved the issue well enough for me.

Lambert wrote:Maybe even a revised rulebook which allows you to have the rules for the Adventure mode complete without the need to refer to the duel mode for people like me who do not care about the duel mode.

Minor inconvenience, really, if even that.

Lambert

Postby Lambert » Sat Sep 03, 2016 3:15 pm

Don't get me wrong,
I am going to back Aventuria, tell my friends about it and even suggest that some gaming podcasts feature it on their news section, but I figured if there are even minor improvements that can be made, maybe through a posh insert or a revised rulebook then it's worth mentioning that.

It could result in a better product and if it's a sufficiently advanced stretch goal the extra effort or cost should be covered.

I am excited by Aventuria, I just would like it to be the best possible Aventuria.

Return to “Official Product Announcements (AACG)”