Blog Post - Crafting a Kickstarter

Eric USNA

Blog Post - Crafting a Kickstarter

Postby Eric USNA » Mon Sep 05, 2016 11:25 am

Here are some more details about what I had been talking about in the earlier thread:

http://www.ulisses-us.com/crafting-a-ki ... aventuria/

Lambert

Re: Blog Post - Crafting a Kickstarter

Postby Lambert » Mon Sep 05, 2016 11:37 am

Tried to post a comment to the Blog post but got 405 Forbidden page.

Anyway ... T-shirt ... So that's exciting. This might be another expensive Kickstarter :)

Eric USNA

Postby Eric USNA » Mon Sep 05, 2016 12:12 pm

Not sure what happened there, but your comment did go through despite the 405. Just approved it. (As you can probably understand, I have to keep comments on approval-first on the website.)

MadBeard

Postby MadBeard » Tue Sep 06, 2016 4:11 am

Probably you already know this, but I'll say it anyway. Just in case :)
On kickstarter you can create KS preview page (link) to gather feedback about your project before official launch.
I'd have to be a warrior, a slave I couldn't be.
A soldier and a conqueror, fighting to be free.

"Warrior" - Wishbone Ash

Eric USNA

Postby Eric USNA » Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:56 am

I'm aware. I'm not sure if we'll make an open public preview, but we definitely don't want to do it before the pretty section headers and pledge level graphics are finished. ;)

MadBeard

Postby MadBeard » Tue Sep 06, 2016 5:30 pm

Hehe nice. I can't wait to see new KS campaign.
Now that I receive stretch goal cards I can comment about design from first hand :)
In my opinion text/font on Orc Family card is really small. I have an excellent eyesight and I can read it fine, but people who have bad eyesight would probably have problems reading it. It seems to me that graphic is maybe too large (it takes about 50% of card) so description text (if there is larger amount of it) must be squeezed in.
If there is only couple of cards where you must squeeze text, then it's not a problem. But if majority of cards is like this, then this could be a problem.

"Warrior" - Wishbone Ash

Eric USNA

Postby Eric USNA » Tue Sep 06, 2016 5:50 pm

Orc Family is a very unusual card because it's essentially a Henchman card built into a hero deck layout. There are unlikely to be any other cards like that.

But also, the three cards you got from the Dark Eye KS will not be part of this Kickstarter. It's a whole new set of cards. :)

Lambert

Postby Lambert » Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:58 pm

Hello Eric,

Eric USNA wrote:But also, the three cards you got from the Dark Eye KS will not be part of this Kickstarter. It's a whole new set of cards. :)

It is things like that, which to be honest I didn't expect, which make me love you guys. I am looking forward to see this new Kickstarter, which with the benefits of the lessons learned from this Kickstarter, will be even more amazing.

As for the Kickstarter Preview Pages, I have come across them, but to be honest, not one of them looked actually enticing to me. The main advantage I suppose, would be that I could email people who do podcasts and have something in English for them to look at to decide whether they would want to feature this game in their Podcast. They didn't feature the Dark Eye Kickstarter, but most of the people I e mailed are more board-game focused and so maybe there is a greater chance this time round.

Anyway. The excitement is building.

MadBeard

Postby MadBeard » Wed Sep 07, 2016 5:23 am

Lambert wrote:As for the Kickstarter Preview Pages, I have come across them, but to be honest, not one of them looked actually enticing to me.

Preview pages are not meant for enticing but to gather feedback about KS campaign structure, rewards, errors and stuff like that. Because once you launch KS campaign some things you can't change like reward/tiers etc.
I participated in couple of KS campaigns where this happened and then creators had to create special tables for reward/tiers which are usually in the KS description or are on creator website. This can be very confusing to backers, especially to new people (potential backers) who didn't participated in campaign from the start.

Lambert wrote:Anyway. The excitement is building

Yep :mrgreen:

"Warrior" - Wishbone Ash

Lambert

Postby Lambert » Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:42 am

That makes sense @MadBeard.

I had thought it was to get people to sign up to the emails so that they can back on day 1 and give the campaign a sufficient start momentum.
I personally prefer to be surprised and see all the pledge levels at the moment the Kickstarter goes live.

Still I now have tons of Dark Eye stuff to keep me happy until this new Kickstarter and until the next few Dark Eye books are coming out.

Return to “Official Product Announcements (AACG)”