Questions about several cards

MadBeard

Questions about several cards

Postby MadBeard » Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:40 pm

Yesterday my friend and I played and couple of questions arise:

Half-Elven Rogue card Weapon Poison
Use on a hero’s weapon to add 1extra point of damage

Do you apply +1 dmg on all weapons you have currently in play or you boost one weapon of your choice or you add this dmg just for basic hero weapon (knife)?

Half-Elven Rogue card Luck
Reroll a hero’s failed attack.
Substract 3 to the result of the new roll.

While we played, friend used this card to reroll failed attack and he rolled 20 on that reroll. Do you must keep the second result and if you do, do you turn that 20 into 17 or is it critical miss?

Half-Elven Rogue card Taunt
An opponent of your choice cannot play action cards next turn.

By reading core rules I'm not really sure what that means. You can't play action cards just from your hand or you also can't use any permanent cards that are already in play (on the table) and so you all you can do is to attack?

Bornlandian Cat Witch Crawling Horror
To play this card you must discard 1 Fate point without effect. Choose an opponent. He loses 1 LP at the start of each of his turn.

Do you have to have 1 Fate point to bring this card to table or you can play it on table by paying its normal cost (1 endurance) and afterwards (in next round) pay 1 Fate point to choose target?
In 2 vs 2 play, can you redirect this effect to other opponent while paying 1 Fate point?

Is Dodge a test for the purpose of critical hit or miss?
I would say it is because it says dodge test in rules but I want to be sure.

This is it for now :)
I'd have to be a warrior, a slave I couldn't be.
A soldier and a conqueror, fighting to be free.

"Warrior" - Wishbone Ash

Eric USNA

Re: Questions about several cards

Postby Eric USNA » Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:18 am

MadBeard wrote:Yesterday my friend and I played and couple of questions arise:

Half-Elven Rogue card Weapon Poison
Use on a hero’s weapon to add 1extra point of damage

Do you apply +1 dmg on all weapons you have currently in play or you boost one weapon of your choice or you add this dmg just for basic hero weapon (knife)?

Applies to any one weapon when played. This can be your basic attack.

MadBeard wrote:Half-Elven Rogue card Luck
Reroll a hero’s failed attack.
Substract 3 to the result of the new roll.

While we played, friend used this card to reroll failed attack and he rolled 20 on that reroll. Do you must keep the second result and if you do, do you turn that 20 into 17 or is it critical miss?

This one is odd. I would rule that the roll is a 17, so it can't be a 20, but I could see the argument for "20 on the die." Still, the whole point of Luck is to make good things happen, so I would play it that you can't crit fail with it.

MadBeard wrote:Half-Elven Rogue card Taunt
An opponent of your choice cannot play action cards next turn.

By reading core rules I'm not really sure what that means. You can't play action cards just from your hand or you also can't use any permanent cards that are already in play (on the table) and so you all you can do is to attack?

Playing cards is the act of playing them from your hand. You cannot do that. You can still use anything that you already have out.

MadBeard wrote:Bornlandian Cat Witch Crawling Horror
To play this card you must discard 1 Fate point without effect. Choose an opponent. He loses 1 LP at the start of each of his turn.

Do you have to have 1 Fate point to bring this card to table or you can play it on table by paying its normal cost (1 endurance) and afterwards (in next round) pay 1 Fate point to choose target?
In 2 vs 2 play, can you redirect this effect to other opponent while paying 1 Fate point?

You must be able to discard the Fate Point when it is played. You choose one opponent, which can be any opponent in play. Then it stays on them the entire time. (This card is VERY effective in 2v2, because you can play it on the person with lower life even though your attacks have to be directed at the opponent with higher life.

MadBeard wrote:Is Dodge a test for the purpose of critical hit or miss?
I would say it is because it says dodge test in rules but I want to be sure.

Any d20 roll can crit hit or crit miss. Fate Points can only be spent on certain ones, however.

MadBeard wrote:This is it for now :)

Hope that helps!

MadBeard

Postby MadBeard » Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:18 pm

Thanks Eric. That clarifies things.

Just to confirm about Weapon Poison.
So you enchant/boost particular weapon with this card. If you have, for example, Longsword and Rapier out in play, you choose one of them to boost. And if someone play card which sends that weapon to hand or discard pile, you must discard Weapon poison.
Is my reasoning correct?

"Warrior" - Wishbone Ash

Eric USNA

Postby Eric USNA » Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:58 pm

That's correct! You can think of it as an enchant for a specific piece of equipment.

MadBeard

Postby MadBeard » Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:14 am

Thank you very much Eric.

"Warrior" - Wishbone Ash

Return to “Rules Questions (AACG)”