The Infiniverse is Live!

TorgHacker

The Infiniverse is Live!

Postby TorgHacker » Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:48 pm

As mentioned in today's Kickstarter update, the Infiniverse Exchange links are live.

http://www.ulisses-us.com/infiniverse/

And quoting Eric,

"Check out all the tools! Also, a quick clarification - The Infiniverse Exchange will require a fair bit of infrastructure on the DriveThruRPG side, so even if we have our files ready, THEY won't be ready for a while. We'll let everyone know when that becomes available!"
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

Doc Gordon

Re: The Infiniverse is Live!

Postby Doc Gordon » Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:33 pm

I'm loving what I'm reading about the Infiniverse, and I'm about to go and play with the tools, but would it be possible to have a few more specifics?

1. Will posting results of an adventure be based on the adventure time-line set by UNA? Or, will we be allowed to run UNA-sanctioned, but not time-line specific, adventures? Or, will we be able to run ANY adventure and post the results on completion?

2. IF the latter, how precise will those posted adventure results be; based on a Cosm-by-Cosm basis, or more direct based on the variable outcomes of the adventure played?

3. In looking at the Day One Adventure Surveys, I'm seeing they have nothing to do with tracking possibilities as a metric for outcomes; do you intend to include those in the future?

Wow, I think that's actually it, for now.

dchart

Postby dchart » Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:50 pm

Would it be possible to make the Infiniverse Exchange files available before the Exchange itself is ready to go live? Layout takes time, and can't even start until the files are available.

And, following up on the Kickstarter update, where you said we could ask for things to be added to the Game Reference: In Living Land threats, can we have the Edeinos Beast Riders, Edeinos Gotak, Lakten, and Primitive Humans from Day One? I'm already using them in my adventure... (Actually, all the Day One generic threat stats would be a nice addition.)

Thanks!

RamblingScribe

Postby RamblingScribe » Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:50 pm

I am very excited about these tools and the infiniverse in general. Although I played oTorg, I never did the infinverse stuff other than the compiled update books.

Two things:

1) The lines on the map don't seem to be there, so the pure zones aren't visible.

2) I rushed into the reporting forms all excited and filled in the 5 day one adventures we had done when I got the earlier announcement. When I went in yesterday to do the next one, I realized I almost certainly made an error (unless the forms changed, I misread a big section). Is there a way to go back and modify/correct my surveys?

Mike McCall

Postby Mike McCall » Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:26 am

This all looks awesome! I'm looking forward to tossing some of the things my group has done in as Rumors, and in refining my game with the tools at hand.

One question that someone there is likely to be able to answer, which is a bit tangential: I made a copy of the map to update it for my own campaign, but I have discovered that I have no idea how to allocate something to a category, which makes things a bit tricky. Can anyone give me a hand with this?

Doc Gordon

Postby Doc Gordon » Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:50 am

Yes, having some instruction on using Google Maps with the new Torg map -which looks phenomenal, by the way- would be pretty nice, please?

Mike McCall

Postby Mike McCall » Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:03 am

Mike McCall wrote:One question that someone there is likely to be able to answer, which is a bit tangential: I made a copy of the map to update it for my own campaign, but I have discovered that I have no idea how to allocate something to a category, which makes things a bit tricky. Can anyone give me a hand with this?

I actually managed to answer this on my own. If you set the 'Owner' field for an object to one of the already-listed stela or zone types, it will add it in (provided you added the object on the right layer - Stelae, Zones, etc.

Doc Gordon

Postby Doc Gordon » Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:26 am

Rock on!!! Thanks.

I still need to attempt to find some manner of guide that will allow me to figure out how best to work that map.

TorgHacker

Postby TorgHacker » Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:32 pm

Doc Gordon wrote:I'm loving what I'm reading about the Infiniverse, and I'm about to go and play with the tools, but would it be possible to have a few more specifics?

1. Will posting results of an adventure be based on the adventure time-line set by UNA? Or, will we be allowed to run UNA-sanctioned, but not time-line specific, adventures? Or, will we be able to run ANY adventure and post the results on completion?

2. IF the latter, how precise will those posted adventure results be; based on a Cosm-by-Cosm basis, or more direct based on the variable outcomes of the adventure played?

3. In looking at the Day One Adventure Surveys, I'm seeing they have nothing to do with tracking possibilities as a metric for outcomes; do you intend to include those in the future?

Wow, I think that's actually it, for now.

1. Any adventures can be run, and the results posted whenever you run them...however it may be too late for the results to make a difference in the eventual course of the war.

2. TBD.

3. Possibilities work pretty different this time around, and we don't want players/GM to have to track levels all throughout a game. Tracking the Glory results plus response statistics fills a similar role in Eternity.
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

Doc Gordon

Postby Doc Gordon » Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:50 pm

Thank you for the answers, sir, but I have to take exception with one...

3. Possibilities work pretty different this time around, and we don't want players/GM to have to track levels all throughout a game. Tracking the Glory results plus response statistics fills a similar role in Eternity.

Glory results are notoriously hard to get. In three years of running O-Torg, at least every other week, my groups scored two. The Possibilities were a way of tracking the actual effects on each realm a group passed through adventure-wise; it was a matter of how many possibilities were spent as a ratio against how many possibilities were earned. Is there some metric OTHER THAN Glory and response effects that could be used for tracking those effects? How do you quantify something like "Did such-and-so convert into a Storm Knight"? Are there point assignments in the script for each accomplishment in the adventure, or something?

Return to “Official Timeline and Product Announcements (TORG)”