Infiniverse Exchange Early Access

dchart

Re: Infiniverse Exchange Early Access

Postby dchart » Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:36 pm

Big Edit.

I'd like to suggest that everyone in the first wave put an actual price on their product, rather than making it free, or pay-what-you-want.

The reason is that the first wave will set the expectation for the prices of things on Infiniverse Exchange. If the expectation starts off as "they should be free", then it will be very hard to charge for anything. That means that people writing for it won't get paid, which will reduce their motivation to do the hard work of polishing something to make it ready for publication. They won't be able to afford even stock art. It would also mean that USNA will not make any money off Infiniverse Exchange (25% of nothing is still nothing), so they wouldn't be able to justify continuing to support it.

On the other hand, if people expect to pay, say, $5 for a three-act adventure, then people who write for it will have a chance of making enough money to pay for their Torg Eternity books and some bits of stock art apart from Ulisses stuff (realistically, probably not more than that), and it will be a revenue stream for Ulisses, which will encourage them to keep the Torg Game Reference up to date, and maybe even release new art packs when new books come out.

ZorValachan

Postby ZorValachan » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:51 am

I use transparent .png files all the time, am the editor of the MO IAI, which does a small newsletter each quarter and have done various other publications in gaming. I would be interested in the early access pack.

Thank You
- Leamon Crafton Jr.
Infiniverse Exchange author:

The Paraverse: An entire alternate Cosmverse
http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/237607/

The Knights of the Road: Archtypes designed as a Storm Knight group
http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/228365/

Eric USNA

Postby Eric USNA » Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:58 am

I'm going to give people until this afternoon to respond here, and then I'll start gathering information from everyone who has piped up.

Eric USNA

Postby Eric USNA » Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:22 pm

Invitations sent.

Greymarch - We don't have card blanks at this time. I can send you the files if you want to poke at it, but there won't be any good templates for cosm cards. Right now we mostly just have book layout.

hawaiianbrian

Postby hawaiianbrian » Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:57 pm

Hi Eric,

I just saw this post but I'm very interested in being part of this. Can I get on board?

-Brian

hawaiianbrian

Postby hawaiianbrian » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:26 pm

dchart wrote:I'd like to suggest that everyone in the first wave put an actual price on their product, rather than making it free, or pay-what-you-want. [snip].

Agree 100%. Maybe set your price relative to the length of the product, like $1 per 1,000 words or thereabouts.

dchart

Postby dchart » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:38 pm

hawaiianbrian wrote:
dchart wrote:I'd like to suggest that everyone in the first wave put an actual price on their product, rather than making it free, or pay-what-you-want. [snip].

Agree 100%. Maybe set your price relative to the length of the product, like $1 per 1,000 words or thereabouts.

That's probably too high. My three-act adventure is 17,275 words, and I suspect that people will not pay $17 for a 32-page PDF. (Although Columbia Games are trying it with Harnmaster.) About 30c/1000 words will probably produce something reasonable; that's $5 for a 32-page PDF (roughly). But something along those lines is a good rule of thumb to start with.

ZorValachan

Postby ZorValachan » Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:00 am

For archetypes and allies, is it permissable to use the blank character sheet and put stats on it for the infiniverse exchange? I may have overlooked it, but didn't see that art or excerpt.
- Leamon Crafton Jr.
Infiniverse Exchange author:

The Paraverse: An entire alternate Cosmverse
http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/237607/

The Knights of the Road: Archtypes designed as a Storm Knight group
http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/228365/

Eric USNA

Postby Eric USNA » Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:17 pm

That should be fine. The blank character sheet uses design elements that ARE part of the set, so it would be possible to recreate anyway. Might as well just use the original.

-Eric

Kuildeous

Postby Kuildeous » Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:16 pm

As I expected, my copy of InDesign CS3 is simply too old. Is anyone able to open the .indd templates with an alternative program?

My submission may have to be in Word or OpenOffice.
The Boneyard – Friends and foes within Tharkold's Blasted Land

Infiniverse Exchange Word template – Infiniverse Exchange template for MS Word users

Return to “Official Timeline and Product Announcements (TORG)”