Infiniverse Exchange Early Access

ZorValachan

Re: Infiniverse Exchange Early Access

Postby ZorValachan » Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:53 am

Doc Gordon wrote:Alright, thus comes my next question -and, perhaps I missed it somewhere: where can I find the layout stuff, the template materials you want us to use, Eric?

If you replied to the PM, it is in your drivethrurpg account.
- Leamon Crafton Jr.
Infiniverse Exchange author:

The Paraverse: An entire alternate Cosmverse
http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/237607/

The Knights of the Road: Archtypes designed as a Storm Knight group
http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/228365/

Eric USNA

Postby Eric USNA » Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:16 pm

Doc -

They will become available to the public next Friday. This thread was for the folks who felt they could get something ready before then to be part of the first wave of sample products at launch.

Kuildeous

Postby Kuildeous » Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:50 pm

Eric USNA wrote:We strongly recommend you use at least the layout graphics as much as possible. The more you follow the style guidelines and the general Torg layout, the more people will find it appealing as a product. If you're using Word, you can put the full-page background behind your 2-column text and adjust your margins so that it matches. If you do that and use the fonts that we use, you can do a reasonable approximation. With a little tweaking, you can even line up your footer so the page number is in the right place.

Since I have a deadline looming, I went with what I know rather than try to learn a new program. So a reasonable approximation in Word is what I went with.

In the interest of helping populate the Infiniverse Exchange, if anyone is better at using Word than other programs, I think I have a workable template in Word I can share. You'll have to do your own cover. I had to work that up in Photoshop for myself. Just PM me your e-mail address if you want to fuss in Word instead. It does assume you have an understanding of headers and footers in different odd and even pages.
The Boneyard – Friends and foes within Tharkold's Blasted Land

Infiniverse Exchange Word template – Infiniverse Exchange template for MS Word users

Doc Gordon

Postby Doc Gordon » Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:55 pm

ZorValachan wrote:If you replied to the PM, it is in your drivethrurpg account.
Understood. I wasn't fast enough, and I've nothing prepared, anyway.

Eric USNA wrote:Doc -

They will become available to the public next Friday. This thread was for the folks who felt they could get something ready before then to be part of the first wave of sample products at launch.
Yeah, I should have waited for yesterday's newsletter to find out, hehe. Actually, it was a dumb question of me to ask, anyway, because I receive the updates from Kickstarter; I'll chalk it up to having been an odd week thus far, LOL. Now, I think I'm off to see the un-boxing video.

Kuildeous

Postby Kuildeous » Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:16 pm

Quick question: The components are configured for A4 paper. Do you want all submissions to be in A4 format?
The Boneyard – Friends and foes within Tharkold's Blasted Land

Infiniverse Exchange Word template – Infiniverse Exchange template for MS Word users

hawaiianbrian

Postby hawaiianbrian » Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:09 pm

Yeah, it's looking like MS Word (or OpenOffice perhaps, which is what I use for all my fan Savage Worlds stuff) for me, too. Even with the teacher discount, $239/year is a non-starter.

I'm looking forward to this!

hawaiianbrian

Postby hawaiianbrian » Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:11 pm

Also: I didn't see instructions on where to send the finished product once I'm done.

Eric USNA

Postby Eric USNA » Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:16 pm

Send it to me directly. Let me know if you need my email, but I think you have it.

Once the Exchange launches publicly, there will be a clear way to post it through DriveThru, but until then we need them to do it behind the scenes.

hawaiianbrian

Postby hawaiianbrian » Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:03 am

Thanks, Eric. Yep I have your email. Now that I've clawed my way out from under a mountain of student essays (approximately 80!) I can turn my attention toward this project. Can't wait!

dchart

Postby dchart » Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:53 am

hawaiianbrian wrote:Yeah, it's looking like MS Word (or OpenOffice perhaps, which is what I use for all my fan Savage Worlds stuff) for me, too. Even with the teacher discount, $239/year is a non-starter.

I'm looking forward to this!

I have created LibreOffice templates for the layout, so that I could do my files. That includes a transparent frame cover, so that you can just drop an image in. They'll be available on Infiniverse Exchange when it goes live, but if you want them before that, PM me with your email. (The zip file is about 30 Mb.) They may work with OpenOffice, but if they don't LibreOffice is close enough, and also free, so you should be able to transfer easily enough.

Return to “Official Timeline and Product Announcements (TORG)”