Cyberpapacy Crowdfunding Launches on November 11

Jim

Re: Cyberpapacy Crowdfunding Launches on November 11

Postby Jim » Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:39 am

Irisheyes wrote:Someone needs to get things straightened out on Game on really quick, things being listed as being in box ,even though only add ons. The Delphi Missions is now a ton of stretch goals even though , we were told the book was going in the box as the reason the cost went up. There is no stretch goal for 96,000 either. People are already saying they may cancel their orders.

Yes, I am one of them. I came over here in hopes of finding out what the devil is going on with this campaign and Ulisses in general. But yeah, I was rather severe in my comments on GameOn.

They are not intended to be directed at the usual Torg authors and Developers. I’m making the (possibly big) assumption that Deanna, Darrell, and Co are not managing the site updates.

I take it Eric Simon either left the company or was dismissed. More is the pity, I miss his professionalism. There was some talk about how Ulisses was being restructured from US-NA to centralizing communications. If this has anything to do with it, it’s an epic fail.

Sorry Deanna, I know you do a great job. This was not directed at you.

TorgHacker

Postby TorgHacker » Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:47 am

Jim wrote:
Irisheyes wrote:Someone needs to get things straightened out on Game on really quick, things being listed as being in box ,even though only add ons. The Delphi Missions is now a ton of stretch goals even though , we were told the book was going in the box as the reason the cost went up. There is no stretch goal for 96,000 either. People are already saying they may cancel their orders.

Yes, I am one of them. I came over here in hopes of finding out what the devil is going on with this campaign and Ulisses in general. But yeah, I was rather severe in my comments on GameOn.

They are not intended to be directed at the usual Torg authors and Developers. I’m making the (possibly big) assumption that Deanna, Darrell, and Co are not managing the site updates.

I take it Eric Simon either left the company or was dismissed. More is the pity, I miss his professionalism. There was some talk about how Ulisses was being restructured from US-NA to centralizing communications. If this has anything to do with it, it’s an epic fail.

Sorry Deanna, I know you do a great job. This was not directed at you.

Yeah. I know.

I definitely do not blame you on how you feel about this. I can't really say much, but I will say I am very, very frustrated.

I have been relaying the responses up the pipe.
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

Jim

Postby Jim » Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:34 am

TorgHacker wrote:
Yeah. I know.

I definitely do not blame you on how you feel about this. I can't really say much, but I will say I am very, very frustrated.

I have been relaying the responses up the pipe.

Very good, and thank you.

fougerec

Postby fougerec » Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:28 pm

By and large I'm committed to the boxes but this confusion etc. has me concerned as well. Hopefully it can get sorted ASAP so we all know what's happening. Like I assume that it's the same as usual with things being unlocked for inclusion but that's definitely not what it said when I plunked down my $200.

Jim

Postby Jim » Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:14 pm

Deanna posted a comment to the Project which clarifies a lot of information. Very helpful

Irisheyes

Postby Irisheyes » Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:47 pm

Thank you for the update Deanna. Looking forward to the revised stretch goals.

graethynne

Postby graethynne » Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:06 pm

Thanks Deanna, I knew you folks could straighten this out, thanks for jumping on it so quickly!

Graethynne

Atama

Postby Atama » Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:13 pm

Deanna is good people. :)
“You are a bad person, and should feel bad.”
-TorgHacker (being tongue-in-cheek :D)

fougerec

Postby fougerec » Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:52 pm

She really is :)

Thanks for the clarifications and for responding so quickly.

xshrekx

Postby xshrekx » Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:33 am

From my point of view one cannot stress enough how great Deanna's contribution to Torg is.
Her books are very enjoyable and her posts are very important to the community.

Fans love to hear from the creators, I think.

Deannas post for me are the difference between thinking "well okay, mistakes do happen" and thinking less friendly.

So Deanna, thank you very much. Take pride in your work. I love what you do for Torg

Return to “Official Timeline and Product Announcements (TORG)”