Greetings From Washington State - the Seattle Zone

Doc Gordon

Greetings From Washington State - the Seattle Zone

Postby Doc Gordon » Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:56 pm

...or, what will soon be the Seattle zone.

My name is Paul, and I have played or run Torg since I picked up the first box set in '90. Indeed, to the best of my recollection, this is the first role-playing game I ever ran, and my players and I enjoyed it a great deal. I am fully supportive of this top-down rebuild of my all time favorite, and waiting to receive my hardcopy stuff before I run my first game of it.

I've also been in the Torg community a long time, and even began writing a document -a long time ago and far far away- to make Torg into an MMORPG, having solicited help for that at the old WEG community forums. Unfortunately, I'm known for being exacting and abrasive... when I get an idea in my head, unless it can be proven outright that I'm wrong, or there's a good positive potentially expansive change, I'll generally stick with my idea(s). Thus, I'm frequently staying further and further away from social sites, and it took me over a year before I would even post here.

I'll be around. (waves) Glad to see everyone here, and I hope and pray this game will be successful, and hopefully outstrip the original by leaps and bounds. (/waves)

Exploring the Storm

Re: Greetings From Washington State - the Seattle Zone

Postby Exploring the Storm » Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:31 pm

Greetings and Salutations,

Welcome to the forums....everyone is nice...though watch out for Rabbitball...he randomly hops into posts.... :? ;)

If you ever want to check out some highly educational videos on the realms give our channel a look -

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzkj576g3oYPt6w6Dins3Mw

Keep on TORGing 8-)

ETStorm

TorgHacker

Postby TorgHacker » Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:49 pm

Hey Paul!

This is a bit of a stretch but I played with a group of Torg players back in around 2000 or so. We played in Edmonds. You weren't in that group were you? I remember one other player lived in Bothell.

I just can't remember any names.
Dean Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

Doc Gordon

Postby Doc Gordon » Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:22 pm

Exploring the Storm wrote:Greetings and Salutations,

Welcome to the forums....everyone is nice...though watch out for Rabbitball...he randomly hops into posts.... :? ;)

If you ever want to check out some highly educational videos on the realms give our channel a look -

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzkj576g3oYPt6w6Dins3Mw

Keep on TORGing 8-)

ETStorm
Actually, I've yet to finish the Cyberpapacy video you guys put out, it's really long, but I'm the Paul E LM/GM who always tries to encourage you guys on the Google group for Torg.

TorgHacker wrote:Hey Paul!

This is a bit of a stretch but I played with a group of Torg players back in around 2000 or so. We played in Edmonds. You weren't in that group were you? I remember one other player lived in Bothell.

I just can't remember any names.
Unfortunately, no. I didn't move to this area until October 2014. I now teach new hires and rehires at all Puget Sound Boeing locations how to build airplanes. I now wish I would have been; I'd felt a call toward this area for nearly fifteen years, and I might have been here to play, then. Coulda-been woulda-been.

Exploring the Storm

Postby Exploring the Storm » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:08 pm

We appreciate the encouragement - Thank you :D

The idea to turn TORG into MMORPG is interesting - send me holler if you ever want to talk about it

ETStorm

Doc Gordon

Postby Doc Gordon » Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:12 am

Let's see... there were five of us discussing it, and I'm certain I have the notes somewhere... what I have for the design document is without much maturity, I'm afraid, drawing from my 216-page Earthdawn MMORPG document as well as my ideas for a Star Trek MMO and another for a BattleTech MMO. I may even have some of my Rifts MMO doc info in there. However, this document was VERY early in development, based very heavily on Chris Taylor's MMORPG design doc template from '99, and filled with questions about how things would be done. The last I looked at it was in 2013, but I think it was more a completion issue, to see if I was going to delete it or not.

I can't upload either my old .doc file or my .pdf, here.

Rabbitball

Postby Rabbitball » Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:02 pm

Exploring the Storm wrote:Greetings and Salutations,

I am not the Trix rabbit; there's a method to my madness (or is it madness to my method—I never can get that straight :mrgreen: )

Anyway, welcome to Torg, and feel free to offer commentary as you see fit.
Dominick Riesland, aka Rabbitball
Creator of the Cosmversal Grimoire
"Those who will not follow are doomed to lead"—Anarchist, Magic: the Gathering
Invertebrate punster—spinelessly unable to resist making a pun. "So slug me!"

maxhavic

Postby maxhavic » Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:24 pm

I am up Marysville WA - Great find others ;) I am looking at running a few games at my local game start (Wandering Havoc Games). If I get enough people might run a campaign or something.

Doc Gordon

Postby Doc Gordon » Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:12 pm

Good morning. I am familiar with Wandering Havoc, as we live just off the flats on the Everett side.

Right now, we're looking at starting with my wife, my two sons, and one of my oldest son's friends and, possibly down the road, his fiance. We're going to wait to clear the holidays before we begin that.

As for you, I presume you're looking mainly for new players?

Return to “Newcomer Introduction and FAQ (TORG)”