Greetings from Western Cyberpapacy

Taliesin

Greetings from Western Cyberpapacy

Postby Taliesin » Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:22 pm

Hello everyone,

I've been reading this forum for quite some time now, and I've finally decided to contribute. I've been a Torg fan from early on, and I still have the original box, but I can't find my die... :?

I'm really happy to see Torg coming back, as it's always been one of my favorite RPGs, if not my favorite RPG. As a GM, I was particularly fond of the Drama Deck, the value chart and the measure conversion chart, with which you could conjure up a Difficulty Number from any value in the real world.

Lots of good memories, epic battles and, of course, a fantastic setting! Torg was the first multi-genre game where playing different games in one actually made sense and fit together perfectly.

There were a couple of goofy things and some weird illustrations, but as a whole, it was a great game!
Long live Torg! :P

PrinceEarwig

Re: Greetings from Western Cyberpapacy

Postby PrinceEarwig » Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:12 am

Welcome Taliesin, from across the water in what I think is still the London hardpoint :D.
Sory to hear you can't find your die.. I dusted mine off last week, haven't rolled it in anger yet.

Taliesin

Postby Taliesin » Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:01 pm

Hello PrinceEarwig!

Well, actually my son used to play with my dice when he was 3 or 4, and lost a couple of them, including my beloved Torg die. :(
I'm pretty sure they're hidden in the house somewhere, I just need to believe I'll have them back someday. Anything's possible.

On the positive side, he's old enough to play some Torg now. And he's really eager to start! :D
He wants to play a dwarf from Norway, so he might be visiting you sooner than later!

Impra

Postby Impra » Mon Jul 03, 2017 2:14 pm

Good to see another TORG Ropund going into 2nd generation.

my sons follow as well the older one playing the senior citicen still remembering WW II and my younger one playing the green keeper from
NY Mets Arena fighting more againts wild growth with his john deree lawmower .

But i still have my d20 original.

ZeDiac

Postby ZeDiac » Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:19 am

Taliesin wrote:
There were a couple of goofy things and some weird illustrations, but as a whole, it was a great game!
Long live Torg! :P

Totally agree !
"Storm is coming"

Taliesin

Postby Taliesin » Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:21 am

ZeDiac wrote:Totally agree !

Do you agree about the weird illustrations or that it's a great game? Well, everybody agrees it IS a great game, so it must be the illustrations :D. For some arcane reason, the illustrations in the French version of the Living Land sourcebook were different from those in the English version. Well, they were the same, but drawn by a different artist...

Return to “Newcomer Introduction and FAQ (TORG)”